- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- El Segundo
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company's Survivability Engineering organization is seeking an experienced EMC electrical engineer/physicist to support electromagnetic compatibility design and analysis at the unit and system level through all satellite program phases in El Segundo, CA.
- Interface effectively with all technical disciplines in a team environment to trade EMI/EMC against other factors such as survivability, cost, weight and technical risk in arriving at the final design.
- Derive unit and system level EMC requirements and requirement verification plans based on tailored MIL-STD-461 requirements and test methods.
- Write EMC test plans and test procedures, provide comprehensive technical oversight of EMC testing, and document test results. Interface with program office and customer representatives to communicate results and respond to EMC related inquiries.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
- Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed or updated within the past five years is required.
- 3 or more years of experience with Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC)/Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) testing/analysis/mitigation
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 3 or more years of experience in a lead EMC engineering role for an aerospace system consisting of multiple electronic units operating within a common electromagnetic environment.
- Experience in a role which required knowledge of MIL-STD-461
- Experience with management of cost, schedule, and technical performance using metrics tools such as Earned Value and Technical Performance Measures (TPM
- Familiarity with software tools such as MatLab, MathCAD, PSPICE, and ANSYS HFSS and Maxwell
- 2 or more years of experience with EMI/EMC analysis and test related to requirements derivation, validation, and verification.
- Experience with operation of electrical test equipment such as digitizing oscilloscopes, spectrum and network analyzers, EMI receivers, low noise amplifiers, signal generators, multimeters, etc.
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.