- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Why American Express?
There’s adifference between having a job and making a difference.
AmericanExpress has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources totake on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve alsomade a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture oflearning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need tosucceed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquernew challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community.And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right therewith them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future theyenvision.
Because webelieve that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Thepowerful backing of American Express.
Don’t makea difference without it.
Don’t livelife without it.
American Express is looking for a entrepreneurial and creative Full Stack Web Developer to join our energetic team of high performers in this fast-paced Fortune 100 company that delivers world-class card member experiences. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
- Serving as a core member of an agile team that leads user story analysis and elaboration, designs and develops software applications
- Responsible for the applications architecture, work/coordinate with other team’s architect, engineers and vendors as necessary
- Writing code and unit tests, automation, and conducting code reviews and testing
- Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement
- Working with product managers to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
- Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team
- Quickly generate and updating proof of concepts for testing and team feedback
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering (preferred)
- Java, Web development work experience
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and testing
- Expertise with Java/J2EE, and Spring
- Expertise with building RESTful APIs
- Expertise in objected oriented analysis and design across a variety of platforms
- Thorough understanding of XML, JSON, Web Service technologies, and data structure fundamentals
- Experience with adaptive and responsive development techniques
- Aptitude for learning and applying programming concepts
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners
- Experience with a broad range of software languages and payments technologies is a plus.
- Working experience in cloud, shell scripts, batch process.
- Experience in build and deployment tools, Jenkins, jmeter, etc.
Employment eligibility to work with American Expressin the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship forthese positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 12, 2019, 5:13:08 PM
About the company
We’re a company of inclusion—built on service, secured by trust and driven by forward thinking. For more than 160 years, we’ve helped our customers reach their goals. And today, as we continue to transform and lead the way in a digital universe, our goal is to reach more customers than ever—to serve the underserved and bring those in the financial margins into the mainstream.
As one of the world’s largest card issuers and most valued brands, we know the way we do business every day has the power to improve lives. We’re a company composed of individuals who understand and reflect the local communities and larger societies we serve. That’s why we’re focused on giving more customers more tools, more access and more ways to realize their dreams—knowing that those dreams look different in different parts of the world.