- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior Engineer Process Development (Confectionery Mint)
LOCATION: Chicago, IL, US, 60642
JOB CATEGORY: R&D
REQUISITION NUMBER: 168163
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
The Sr. R&D Engineer Process Development is a key partner for delivery of our innovation pipeline across multiple technology platforms within Gum and Mints. This role is responsible for development, qualification, commercialization and start-up of new and improved products, processes, and ingredients such that they are delivered on time and in accordance with specification. In addition, this position is expected to lead and execute process development and ensure flawless implementation into the manufacturing environment while providing expertise across multiple technology disciplines. Significant collaboration with Product Development, Technology, Global Engineering, Supply Chain, and Quality will be required.
The Engineer Process Development possess a solid drive for results, excellent project management skills, a creative and entrepreneurial growth mindset, and an ability to create strong networks and relationships to drive the innovation agenda. They work both independently and with guidance to deliver relevant innovation and will work effectively with cross functional teams to drive projects to execution.
1) Provide process development and validation expertise while enabling the delivery of the specified product performance targets and attributes for Gum & Mints products in order to deliver the innovation pipeline on time and within buidget.
2) Initiate and lead test plan development, test execution and data analysis to quantify key process equipment parameters and fundamental mechanisms at prototype, Pilot Plant, and factory scale.
3) Identify and evaluate innovative processing options based on product attributes for Gum & Mints products, including evaluation based on technical and economic feasibility.
4) Deliver scalable process specifications for all technology platforms collaboratively developed with Product Development, Technology, and Supply Chain to achieve exceptional product attribute targets and ensure superior product quality and food safety.
5) Delivery of IP for technical insulation of new technology.
6) Build/maintain internal and external global networks within the technology community.
7) Initiates and coordinates trials for
About the company
Mars is an American global manufacturer of confectionery, pet food, and other food products and a provider of animal care services, with US$33 billion in annual sales in 2015,and is ranked as the 6th largest privately held company in the United States