- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Jose
What You'll Do
In this exciting organization, you will be empowered to make a difference, establish a reputation, and position yourself for continued growth. The specific role is focused on driving a team of engineers working on the Control Center and Connected Car product/solutions for the cloud. In this key leadership position, you will work with multi-functional partners within engineering, product management and field teams to lead the technology direction, facilitate key technical decision points, and take the architecture specifications into working engineering outcomes.
Who You'll Work With
Cisco's IoT Business Group has a comprehensive portfolio of technologies that enable our OT and IT customers. IoT is an exciting space that is important for Cisco’s success. We believe in delivering the very best product experiences and flourish by providing ground breaking, user-centric content that compliments Cisco’s diverse portfolio of products and solutions. We are investing in teams responsible for the IoT Cloud Network. We are disrupting the industry by building a new support automation infrastructure to support our IoT networking platform. We are building an automated platform that is flexible and adaptable to support today’s businesses. We are transforming the IoT platform to optimize and deliver high quality network management solutions.
Who You Are
As the ideal candidate, you can balance strategic process thinking with rolling up your sleeves to get things done. You challenge the status quo by demonstrating a willingness to re-invent current processes and embrace change as a challenge. You possess the ability to make recommendations and inspire change across multiple levels of the organization - from individual engineers and managers to senior executives and business leaders. You take a "self starter" approach to:
- Collaborate with multiple engineering groups in Cisco, who are responsible for developing the infrastructure and products that define a complete IoT solution.
- Commit to road maps with capabilities and timelines, with a validated track record of product development delivered with quality on time.
- Align technology to business strategy, and actively drive technical direction throughout the organization
- Document and stay in sync with quality processes following a CI/CD processes.
- 15+ years’ experience in software engineering leadership roles
- Strong engineering delivery and execution track record, with industry leadership and expertise in XaaS application development, IT infra & security, secure development, design concepts, quality, integration, testing, and CI/CD processes.
- Ability to attract talent, inspire the organization, and develop the next generation of leaders
- Ability to build trusting, meaningful relationships with peers, stakeholders, and partners both internal and external to Cisco
- Excellent written and verbal social skills, including technical influencing, conflict management, negotiation, and public presentations
- Dedication to customer satisfaction and the highest ethical standards
- Identify and drive innovation in Cisco products, services, solutions, technologies, and processes
- Strong analytical skills with a high degree of business acumen - ability to think through, evaluate, and discuss strategic decisions as they relate to security/business risk trade-offs. Ability to engage in comprehensive research and analysis of potential risk models.
- Leadership skills to include coaching/mentoring, critical thinking, facilitation, change leadership, and team development
- Software development and overall automation including Agile, CI/CD, DevOps, Continuous Integration, build and test automation, orchestration/fulfillment, assurance, performance
- Relevant experience in large-scale application architecture/design, middle ware architecture, integration architecture, application deployment methods, automation, testing, compliance, auditing
- Core infrastructure networking technologies, including network, compute, storage, physical engineering
- Mobile Wireless technology – connectivity, billing, SIM management, network evolution (4G to 5G)
- IoT knowledge base with OT experience is an asset.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.