- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
United States of America - Illinois, Warrenville
- Utilizes advanced scientific principles, theories, practices and existing technologies develop technical solutions to complex problems.
- Interprets and records data, conducts analyses, compares findings to relevant studies and local, provincial and national regulations to ensure compliance. Work is performed with minimal direction.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Responsible for advanced duties and activities in their specialized functional area.
- Conducts research and does investigation work as required.
- Plans and organizes project studies.
- Assists in the resolution of conflicting technical information and unsuitability of standard procedures.
- Performs complex assignments often requiring the development of unique solutions to problems.
- May oversee the work of less experienced scientists.
- Bachelor’s degree + 8 years of experience OR demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- 8 years or more of Environmental Scientist experience
- 40 Hour HAZWOPER certification
- Ability to communicate, mentor and lead junior staff on field investigation techniques, health and safety, and client communication.
- Assess need for change and recommends operational guidance to facilitate accurate and timely field data collection.
- Ability to communicate with clients and regulatory agencies to makes recommendations on project objectives, priorities, solutions and timing.
- Ability to prepare technical reports and to supervise staff to produce work products that are quality controlled and meet work standards, objectives and specifications within time constraints.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Environmental
Business Line Environment
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 229208BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
- ms project