- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Executive Assistant (EA) provides the General Manager of US Vision Care with a wide range of executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. This role operates in a dynamic, results-driven, fast-paced environment with regular ex-posure to confidential data and situations requiring discretion, tact, maturity, diplomacy, discretion and good judgment. To be successful, the EA must be proactive, have exceptional attention to detail and be a strong problem-solver. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact on all administrative matters pertaining to the General Manager of US Vision Care’s Office. He/she must be fully capable of working independently on projects, from conception to completion, and capable of working under pressure on a wide variety of activities. This will include administration, coordination, and project management duties, all requiring self-direction requiring frequent interaction with executive-level associates within/outside the company. He/she will be required to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, have strong written and verbal communication. He/she will be proficient in maintaining a balance among multiple and sometimes competing priorities.
Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the General Manager of US Vision Care including:
• Managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed international travel plans including visa/entry requirements, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
• Plans, coordinates and ensures that the General Manager’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the General Manager’s time and office.
• Communicates directly, and on behalf of the General Manager, with various internal and external stakeholders, when ap-proved as a delegate.
• Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the office, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate courses of action, referral, and/or response.
• Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the General Manager’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
• Works closely and effectively with the General Manager to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping him/her updated.
• Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the some of which may have organizational impact.
• Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the General Manager’s ability to effectively lead and support the organization.
• Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
• Establishes and maintains critical files and follow-up systems.
• Available during off hours for critical projects and travel emergencies.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity
About the company
Novartis has a clear mission, focused strategy and strong culture, all of which we expect will support the creation of value over the long term for our company, our shareholders and society. We recognize that our business depends on the creativity, dedication and performance of our associates. We encourage associates to focus on achievement through collaboration and innovation.
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field.
Our company culture is guided by high ethical standards. Our values help guide the choices people make every day, and they define our culture and help us execute the Novartis strategy in line with our mission and vision.