- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Senior Financial Analyst
NBC News and MSNBC
The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for direct management of News Production P&Ls and will have critical FP&A responsibilities for a large portion of the News Group P&L. As an operational finance lead, this team member will partner with production executives to implement strategic initiatives, prepare & maintain budgetary commitments, and support daily operations. As part of their FP&A responsibilities, the candidate will support the consolidation, analysis, and reporting of financials across all of NBC News Newsgathering & Production.
• Managing the P&Ls for several NBC News Production departments (including preparing budgets, submitting regular financial pacing updates, partnering with production executives, and identifying risks and opportunities).
• Leading a variety of strategic initiatives designed to streamline operations and enhance the on-air product.
• Preparing executive updates for senior management by consolidating financials across the Newsgathering & Production ledger and distilling the information into simple, actionable insights.
• Designing data visualization dashboards and other reporting to facilitate regular and frequent communication with production executives and finance teams supporting the NBC News Group branded entities (i.e. The TODAY Show, Nightly News, Dateline, & MSNBC).
• Completing monthly close deliverables for all managed departments (including journal entries, variance analysis, and financial reporting).
• Facilitating daily operations for all managed departments (including accounts payable transactions & T&E compliance).
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
• 2+ years of relevant experience.
• Excellent computer / analytical skills, particularly in Excel and PowerPoint.
• Proficient use of SAP/Business Warehouse/BPC or similar accounting software.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in New York City.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines with accuracy.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• High energy and ability to multi-task.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.