- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
JOB DESCRIPTION:We’re seeking an experienced, high caliber Senior Financial Analyst. Primary responsibilities include consolidation and reporting results on a monthly basis, as well as for budget cycles, and for any ad-hoc analysis requested from leadership. In addition to consolidating/reporting, this person would have an intimate understanding of the activity and variances being produced to be able to speak with knowledge when answering questions from leadership. This person will also be responsible for preparing financial presentation content for executive meetings, will participate in projects or tasks as assigned by manager and will support internal and external audits by preparing and providing relevant reports and analysis.
• Uses the most effective, cost efficient and best business practices to execute processes; continually evaluates their effectiveness and appropriateness
• Exercises judgment in planning, organizing and performing work; monitors performance and reports status within area of responsibility
• This role assures that quality of services meets internal and external customer requirements, and remains current on developments in field(s) of expertise
• Represents the organization and resolve problems/determine priorities related to the above
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, a related field, or equivalent
• Typically a minimum of six plus years of financial analyst experience with increasing responsibility, including experience in a manufacturing environment
• A comprehensive knowledge of balance sheet transactions and their impacts on the income statement is also required
• A qualified record of implementing new processes effectively and efficiently
• Requires comprehensive written and verbal communication, interpersonal, facilitation, presentation, quantitative, analytical, organizational, and follow-up skills, the ability to meet deadlines on multiple projects as well as the ability to converse effectively with all levels of employees
• Documented record of delivering information that adds value to management’s decision making process
Strong analytical skills and demonstrated capacity for accuracy
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
• Must be skilled at building and maintaining Excel-based financial models
• Must be able to handle multiple assignments, achieving required deadlines without sacrificing quality in a fast-paced environment
• Must be able to perform in a diverse cross-functional team environment
• An advanced credential, such as an MBA, CPA, CMA, or CPIM designation or equivalent
• Experience in a high-tech, product-manufacturing environment
• Strong experience with SAP ERP system software and Hyperion Planning/Essbase systems
JOB FAMILY:Accounting & Reporting
DIVISION:CAHF Cardiac Arrhythmias & Heart Failure
LOCATION:United States Minnesota Plymouth : 5050 Nathan Lane N
TRAVEL:Yes, 5 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.