- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Colorado Springs
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join the FP&A team. Responsible for all financial aspects of Infrastructure spend - reporting, forecasting, and measuring and tracking cost optimization efforts - this position is critical to supporting Twilio's growth. Reporting to the Director of Corporate FP&A,this role will be partnering with various technical and business teams atTwilio, and will be highly visible to senior management. The ideal candidateenjoys diving in deep to the details, using data and financial models to make business decisions, and has a sharp attention to detail.
Twilio is looking for an individual excited to bring their strong financial and analytical skills to a collaborative team-based working environment. We seek someone with:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Economics or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with building complex and detailed cost/consumption models
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of SQL, database, and data mining
- Ability to build professional relationships will be critical to your success
- Self-starter with a “can do” attitude who has the ability to work with minimal direction
- Fluent understanding of cloud infrastructure vendors
- Experience working successfully in fast paced environments with a proven track record of delivering results
As Senior Financial Analyst, you will:
- Build forecast models to predict Infrastructure spend (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud)
- Prepare and communicate variance analysis of changes, developing the key metrics around cloud spend
- Business partner with Accounting specific to infrastructure spend during month end close
- Partner with Engineering teams to understand Twilio product design and its relationship to infrastructure spend
- Partner with Technical Program Manager to identify and track cost/operational efficiencies
- Provide financial analysis to support contract negotiations with Infrastructure vendors
- Partner with Engineering and Product Finance to develop and implement a methodology to allocate infrastructure costs to product/BUs
The Finance team is central to Twilio’s decision making process. We guide company investment decisions to maintain Twilio as the platform to fuel the future of communications
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position can be located in either our Denver, CO or San Francisco offices. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
About the company
Twilio is a cloud communications platform as a service company. Twilio allows software developers to programmatically make and receive phone calls, send and receive text messages, and perform other communication functions using its web service APIs.