- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- UNITED STATES - ILLINOIS - ABBOTT PARK
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
JOB DESCRIPTION:Position Summary:
This position will report directly to the NA Manufacturing Controller and act as a financial partner and provide support to Abbott Nutrition Supply Chain (ANSC) Global Operations with a focus on North America Mfg. Operations. Individual will work across multiple organizations, functions and plants in the execution of responsibilities. In addition, the position will afford the individual an excellent opportunity to interface with all levels of management both in Operations and Finance and gain exposure to a variety of operational issues, processes, and projects. The role offers an individual an ideal opportunity to broaden their experience and gain high visibility and exposure within the organization by participating in a variety of operational business/LBE reviews at a plant and area level, including controllership monthly results meetings.
· Working with plant controllers/staff and NA controller, key contributor in pulling together overall NA quarterly LBE’s, strategic presentation packages and related supporting analytics. Participate in plant reviews as well as overall NA presentation to area and division finance leadership.
· Responsible for coordinating and providing support for monthly actual results and monthly business review analytics. Participate in monthly plant controller flash reviews to better understand business dynamics and variance drivers. At times, participate in presenting financials at both the monthly area operations business review as well as ANSC controllership monthly flash review.
· Facilitate pulling together financial implications related to monthly S&OP (Sales & Operations Planning) volume dynamics as well as quarterly Margin & Profitability forums including participating in presenting financials at the related area review meetings.
· Standards process/Plan- strong involvement in coordinating and supporting overall process including cost change dynamics, developing presentation to leadership, as well as other analytics. If feasible, supplement plant finance team to further understanding of standards process and as a development opportunity.
· Help drive financial process improvements, standardization across both NA operations as well as overall ANSC and international counterparts, as appropriate.
· Further responsibilities of the position include standard cost analysis & cost estimates on new products, financial support for ANSC strategic initiatives/projects, ANSC financial forecast and modeling for LBEs, development of financial support for Plans and business reviews.
· Other adhoc/special projects, leadership requests, etc. as needed.
· Position requires 2 - 6 years of Accounting and/or Finance experience.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Able to operate independently with minimal supervision.
· Solid communication and interpersonal skills; able to work effectively across organizations as well as all levels of management.
· Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize and balance the demands of a variety of customers.
· Proficient in Excel.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA or MBA a plus.
MISC - No Relocation Assistance for this role
JOB FAMILY:Financial Planning and Analysis
DIVISION:ANSC Nutrition Supply Chain
LOCATION:United States Abbott Park : AP06C Floor-6
TRAVEL:Yes, 5 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.