- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
ABOUT LUXURY OPTICAL HOLDINGS:
Luxury Optical Holdings (LOH) is a leading retailer of luxury eyewear, designer sunglasses, and handcrafted buffalo horn eyeglass frames, with 28 specialty eyewear stores across the United States and a significant global wholesale presence.
Its two brands include:
ROBERT MARC NYC designs and discovers New York's most wanted eyewear.
Inspired by the city it's called home since 1981, RMNYC has always harnessed the vitality of New York City and proudly outfits some of its most renowned personalities.
Known for its trademark hinge, RMNYC frames represent the marriage of style and fit.
MORGENTHAL FREDERICS has been creating, curating and caring for the world's finest eyewear since 1913.
Each heirloom-quality piece is exemplary in its curation and composition, using sustainably-sourced buffalo horn milled by master artisans in Germany, handcrafted acetate from France, and the finest Japanese titanium.
We are looking for a seasoned Senior Graphic Designer with impeccable taste and elevated design standards to join the Marketing team that drives and defines our luxury brands.
We are looking for a champion of great design (and of our brands), someone passionate about their work, and a strategic big thinker who is also incredibly detail oriented.
- Conceptualize, create and deliver innovative and effective designs for a variety of projects including seasonal campaigns, digital/print assets for retail and wholesale, advertising, email campaigns, retail windows, trade shows, partnerships, social media, press and sales collateral-lead the design process from ideation to execution.
- Well versed in production processes and technical specifications.
- Strong understanding of how to hero product in various contexts (product shots, in-situation, on-model) from an art direction, design and photography stand point.
- Excellent typographic skills.
- Fluent in design, fashion, tech and retail trends, as well as visual history.
- Work closely with marketing and retail/wholesale teams to translate projects and needs into actionable creative solutions.
- Develop a strong understanding of the Morgenthal Frederics and ROBERT MARC NYC brands, products, and audiences in order to maximize visual communication.
- Work with agencies, outside contractors, photographers, videographers and/or internal teams as needed to coordinate creative projects
- including art direction, image selecting, editing and re-touching.
- Additional opportunity to shoot original content for owned social channels.
- Partner with marketing team to support and evolve brand guidelines, develop digital guidelines and creative templates, and uphold established creative standards and brand consistency across all projects and corporate departments.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in Retail Brands
- with Luxury Brand experience preferred, plus a Bachelor's Degree in fine arts, communication design or related field.
- Highly proficient in Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator).
- Highly proficient in HTML coding as it specifically pertains to designing and executing email creative in Mailchimp.
- Working knowledge of editing and animation software like AfterEffects
- Proficient in photography.
- Portfolio of work featuring both print and digital, showing mastery of visual communication and an elevated, luxury aesthetic.
- Understands visual/design best practices and industry standards/trends
- Extremely detail oriented, organized and capable of managing creative assets, photos, etc.
- Motivated self-starter with a no-task-too-big-or-too-small attitude, comfortable with handling multiple priorities at once.
- Solutions-oriented thinker flexible to time constraints and the needs of a fast-paced, small office environment.