- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
As a Healthcare Analyst, you will be developing and/or maintaining expert knowledge of the rapidly changing healthcare marketplace, pharmacy benefits management industry, CVS Health data warehouses and CVS Health programs, services and sales goals. The Healthcare Analyst is essential to gaining a better insight into a client’s business problem to be solved, formulating a data-driven approach to solve the problem and finally, analyzing and drawing conclusions and presenting them to the client. The Healthcare Analyst position is a client facing role, and is responsible for being able to communicate complex analytic findings and conclusions in an easy to understand way.
As part of the Analytics Team, you will provide CVS Health clients with the insight to better understand their pharmaceutical data and the fact-based business intelligence necessary to make informed decisions on their key health care strategies.
Additional responsibilities of the Healthcare Analyst include:
- Collaborating with and influencing clients and customers to develop analytic models, methodologies and reports that support CVS Health products and services
- Prioritizing competing client requests to ensure focus on highest impact activities
- Handling on-site or teleconferenced presentations as an individual or team, and written documents for assigned clients and in support of other clients
- 3+ years experience in data manipulation and analysis (including collegiate studies)
- 1+ years of professional work experience
- Experience extracting, manipulating, and analyzing Big Data (databases containing multiple terabytes of data) and then using it to draw relevant conclusions
- Knowledge of SAS or other statistical and database software, including STATA, SPSS, R, and SQL highly preferred
- Prior experience or knowledge of pharmaceuticals or health care industry is preferred
- Strong presentation and communication skills with experience presenting to and fielding questions from clients
- Bachelor’s Degree required; focus in finance, mathematics, operations, statistics, actuarial science, epidemiology, marketing research, accounting, economics or other data related fields preferred
- Master’s Degree is preferred
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job,
About the company
Millions of times a day, close to home and across the country, we’re helping people on their path to better health.
We’re reinventing pharmacy to have a more active, supportive role in each person’s unique health experience and in the greater health care environment—from advising on prescriptions to helping manage chronic and specialty conditions to providing quality walk-in medical care and pharmacy benefits management.
Because we’re present in so many moments, in ways that are more affordable and effective, we’re able to positively influence health behavior and shape the future of health care for people, businesses and communities.
Health is everything.
Through our more than 9,600 retail pharmacies, over 1,100 walk-in medical clinics, 75 million pharmacy benefit manager plan members, and expanding specialty pharmacy services, we enable people, businesses and communities to manage health in more affordable, effective ways. This unique integrated model increases access to quality care, delivers better health outcomes, and lowers overall health care costs. We leverage our unique combination to help payors control costs, improve patient access, and promote better health outcomes in a way that no other company can.