- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Huntington Beach
We are seeking a Senior Intellectual Property Strategy and Protection Specialist to join our team in Huntington Beach, CA. Our Senior Intellectual Property Strategy and Protection Specialists develop and implement strategies to manage Intellectual Property (IP), as well as develops and administer processes and tools for managing IP at various stages of its creation and use.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Defines, analyzes and facilitates the resolution of IP issues
- Advises on the development and application of IP policies and procedures
- Performs IP portfolio assessments at the program and business unit level
- Advises on matters related to the acquisition, transfer and divestiture of intellectual property
- Develops and oversees processes for the control and release of IP at the business unit level
- Collaborates with the business units to define, analyze and facilitate the resolution of IP issues. Establishes IP planning priorities and provides guidance to support business and technical objectives
- Benchmarks industry application of intellectual property management and practices
- Creates strategic options for business units
- Identifies training and policy, procedures and process requirements
- Consults with cross-functional teams to integrate objectives, strategies and plans
- Consults and directs the creation of IP strategies
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
- The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 3+ years' experience with Intellectual Property (IP) Policies and Procedures
- Experience with Government Acquisition (FAR, DFAR, etc.)
- Degree or certificate in Intellectual Property
- Technical Bachelor's, Master's or a PhD degree? (A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study).
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience, 13 years' related work experience, etc.).
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.