- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Francisco
Founded in 2008, Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 5+ million unique places to stay in more than 81,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 15,000 unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ cities around the world. Airbnb's people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
In order to build the world's most loved travel company, we need the world's most interesting and talented people. Are you one of them? If so, we want to talk to you!
Role & Responsibilities
Senior Manager - Airbnb Platform - New Products
In the role of Senior Manager, Airbnb Platform New Products, the successful candidate will ensure that the proper financial systems, controls and processes are in place to support new Airbnb products as the company scales. This includes the development and ownership of policies and procedures, including documentation and testing, to manage new and emerging product launches, platform modifications, and geographic expansion.
The role requires a well-rounded finance expert with broad financial, accounting and operational expertise and a track record of supporting cross-functional organizations through large scale transformation. Excellent communication, resource allocation and project management skills are critical, as well as the ability to influence across functions and levels of leadership. In this role you will manage a multitude of high value initiatives and will be required to balance the rapidly growing needs of the organization with finance and compliance objectives. The position reports to the Senior Manager Revenue Operations.
- Partner closely with Product, Engineering, Operations and Business Development to effectively identify, assess and articulate the financial impact(s) of new initiatives (business strategy execution, emerging accounting standards, geographic expansion and other business developments). Determine partner engagement model and process that supports the business moving fast while providing guardrails.
- Build out documentation for new initiatives, including applicable accounting rules and testing scenarios, SLAs and partner with Operations, Payments and Finance teams on requirements, testing and sign-off.
- Improve visibility for Finance leadership into new products, platform modifications and geographic expansion and pro-actively flagg and highlighting / mitigating risks.
- Develop ongoing touch points and training materials for engineering and finance teams on when, why and how to engage with Platform Controlling.
- Prioritize and implement key financial controls to support Airbnb’s SOX compliance program in partnership with the Senior Manager, Platform Controlling Controls.
- Partner with the Revenue Operations team, and where applicable the General Ledger team, to build out operational process supporting new products. Ensure all processes meet the 24 hour defect free Close deadline.
- Teach and mentor staff in accounting and finance on related issues, including technical accounting, GAAP guidance and best practices for testing, partner engagement and operational processes.
- 12+ years of finance and accounting experience, including 3+ years of management level experience in a large multi-national organization.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience (tech, payments, marketplace(s), hospitality) in a high growth environment.
- CPA or equivalent international certification, with Big 4 accounting firm experience, MBA a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP. Proven track record of operationalizing technical accounting standards to satisfy business requirements.
- Experience with large-scale ERP (Oracle, SAP, Workday), monetization and billing systems. Payments compliance and reconciliation system experience is a plus.
- Polished communication skills and executive presence. Capable of translating complex business matters across functions and levels of leadership in a clear and concise manner.
- Aptitude for collaboration and the ability to influence, mentor, and leverage the skills of others to achieve objectives.
- Proven ability to successfully manage complex initiatives with cross-functional ownership.
- Experience in process efficiency and automation, with proven ability to operate successfully in a highly-complex and rapidly changing environment with competing objectives and priorities.
- Passion for and proven track record of training and developing team members.
- Proficient in MS Excel; Experience in SQL, Tableau and Keynote a plus
- Role models Airbnb Core Values