- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
The U.S. Merchant Marketingorganization falls within Global Merchant and Network Services (GMNS), themarketing team at American Express that manages the relationships with themillions of merchants around the world that accept American Express Cards. GMNSserves as a merchant acquirer, payments processor and marketing partner formerchants of all sizes, including small, regional, national and globalbusinesses.
GMNS Marketing is dedicated tobringing buyers and sellers together and transforming how American Express iswelcomed. It is responsible for partnering with key stakeholders to driveprofitable growth, accelerate merchant coverage and enhance the value of Amexacceptance to merchants and Card Members at scale.
The Senior Manager will beresponsible for leading cross-functional B2B marketing strategies, includingpartnering with Card issuing teams and articulating the value these strategiesprovide to our merchant customers.
- Lead cross-business unit marketing strategies to activate spend in key categories.
- Align with stakeholders of all band levels on merchant priorities and marketing activities.
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns to help increase engagement and customer satisfaction.
- Pitch the value of B2B marketing participation to merchants.
- Partner closely with an Analyst to support campaign reporting and marketing insights.
The candidate should be anexperienced manager who is a high-energy, proactive, “can-do” team player witha proven track record for driving results. The successful candidate will have:
- 5-7 years of experience developing and executing winning strategies highly desired, with proven ability to leverage data and customer insights.
- Strategic thinker with experience creating a path to action from white space and juggling multiple tasks.
- Excellent partner management experience, including a track record of success building/nurturing relationships at all levels.
- Strong executive presence and ability to communicate + influence effectively.
- Known for exhibiting a growth mindset and comfort with ambiguity and change.
- B2B marketing experience a plus.
Employmenteligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as thecompany will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 11, 2019, 2:44:04 PM
About the company
We’re a company of inclusion—built on service, secured by trust and driven by forward thinking. For more than 160 years, we’ve helped our customers reach their goals. And today, as we continue to transform and lead the way in a digital universe, our goal is to reach more customers than ever—to serve the underserved and bring those in the financial margins into the mainstream.
As one of the world’s largest card issuers and most valued brands, we know the way we do business every day has the power to improve lives. We’re a company composed of individuals who understand and reflect the local communities and larger societies we serve. That’s why we’re focused on giving more customers more tools, more access and more ways to realize their dreams—knowing that those dreams look different in different parts of the world.