- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Senior Manager, BMSC Consulting, is a key member of the BMSCConsulting organization that provides business consultancy services to BMSCsenior executives and their leadership teams. The position reporting into the SeniorDirector, BMSC Consulting – Channels & Customer Experience, will beresponsible for supporting strategic projects primarily for Channels (i.e.,Digital, Distribution, and Customer Engagement Centers) and Customer Experience. As part of the role, this position will planand execute identified project initiatives that enable successful deliveryagainst the strategic priorities of Marriott International. In addition to supporting complex engagements,this role will help facilitate cross-discipline forums and processes to engagesenior BMSC leaders and gain buy-in on critical business decisions. Success inthis role requires strong critical thinking skills, ability to manage complexstakeholder interactions, a proven ability to manage multiple projects at thesame time, as well as a willingness to be tested on difficult projects andinitiatives.
Education andExperience Required
- 4-year degree from an accredited university inBusiness Administration, Marketing, or related major and 4+ years of relevantprofessional experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a patternof exceptional performance; OR
- 6+ years of relevant professional experience inmarketing or related function, demonstrating progressive career growth andpattern of exceptional performance.
- Priorexperience leading the planning and execution of strategic projects andinitiatives specifically in the area of diagnostics & needs assessments(i.e., people, process & systems)
- Proven track record consulting to business leadersand designing, developing, and implementing high impact solutions in large,complex organizations, using a variety of delivery methodologies
- Demonstrated experience in working with and influencingcross-functional work teams in a matrix organization
- Experience leading organizational changeinitiatives
- MBA from an accredited university
- Hospitality/Lodging industry experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Projectand Strategy Leadership
Supports cross-functional working teams comprisedof senior discipline experts from Digital, Distribution, Customer EngagementCenters, Customer Experience, Finance, and other departments within BMSC to:
- Plan and implement identified BMSC initiatives withlimited oversight.
- Partner with cross discipline teams and BMSCleaders to meet project objectives and goals on time and on budget.
- Support transformational projects working acrossfunctions and disciplines to meet objectives
- Guide on-going financial andbusiness analysis support to BMSC leadership to support strategic decisionmaking using the appropriate approaches, systems and resources.
- Deliver presentations relatedto the strategic roadmap development, project execution and management tosenior management and other key stakeholders (e.g., owners, associates,customers).
- Actively engage internalpartners (e.g. change management and communications, Human Resources, Finance)to prepare content for communication materials as needed for deployment of BMSCinitiatives.
Supports initiatives on behalf of the BMSCexecutive and their teams to drive change across the BMSC organization. Acts as a project leader with the followingresponsibilities:
- Accountable for delivering the results of theproject
- Provide content guidance to the project
- Participate in review cycles at key milestones& provide go/no-go decision
- Actively participate in strategy sessions
- Contribute to strategy development
- Develop & drive implementation plan
- Ensure appropriate sponsorship and resourcing
- Establish key milestones and approval roles
- Ensure timely delivery against milestones
- Serve as customer advocate by helping teamresources understand target consumer needs in the local market
- Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure orwhen experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others ina convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solvingand Decision Making - Identifies andunderstands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and comparesinformation from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluatesalternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- ProfessionalDemeanor - Exhibitsbehavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makesa good first impression and represents the company in alignment with itsvalues.
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring andsystematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential forproducing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution ofbusiness plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluationprocesses.
- Building andContributing to Teams - Participatesas a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals whilefostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of businessplans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and marketshare through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluationprocesses.
- Driving forResults - Sets highstandards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility forwork objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/orothers toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goesbeyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to seta plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges workrequirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- CustomerRelationships - Develops andsustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needsand actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidencein the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners withdiverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizesdifferences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; andensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their fullpotential.
Generating Talentand Organizational Capability
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignmentsand work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of anorganizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individualsdevelop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish workobjectives.
Learning andApplying Professional Expertise
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learningopportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information tomanage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approachbusiness and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills andknowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday businessoperations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific workchallenges.
- Abilityto present ideas, expectations and information in a concise, well-organizedmanner to diverse audiences
- Strongproject management skills, with the ability to independently manage multipleprojects and meet deliverables on time
- Demonstratesself-confidence and capable of building credibility among peers and seniormanagement
- BasicCompetencies - Fundamentalcompetencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g.,personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly,correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideaspresented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs inwork related documents.
- Writing- Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of theaudience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.