- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New Brunswick
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Senior Manager, EHS&S Communications and Engagement. The position is located in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Healthy people need healthy places to live, work and play. That is why our Environmental Health, Safety & Sustainability (EHS&S) team is constantly looking for new ways to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity by making the places around us healthier, safer, and more sustainable for all of us and for generations to come.
As the EHS&S Communications and Engagement Senior Manager, you will lead the implementation of engagement activities and lead internal communications on topics directly related to Environmental Health, Safety and Sustainability.
- Support EHS&S Communications & Engagement Leaders to drive employee engagement for EHS&S initiatives.
- Manage engagement projects and teams, ensuring engagement activities, communication plans and toolkits are “turn key” for EHS&S Operations and We Sustain employee ambassador Network.
- Engage employees in the organization’s goals and objectives through key engagement activations and events (e.g. Environmental Sustainability Month, Safety Month, and related engagement events).
- Develop internal communications materials of the highest standards for key communications, critical leadership messages, change communications and employee engagement.
- Provide regular cadence of messaging to engage and educate stakeholders on how J&J is creating and sustaining safe & healthy places for people to live, work and play.
- Develop and deliver compelling narratives to inspire and engage employees.
- Manage day-to-day communication projects and programs; analyze metrics and performance indicators to recommend improvements and drive more effective global communications.
- Engage and guide the We Sustain Global Ambassador teams & network; including managing requests, email box and internal social media network.
- Build communication plans and lead communication efforts for EHS&S employee engagement projects.
- Ensure website(s) (Safety All Day, We Sustain) content is current, provide insights from data analytics to inform short term and long-term strategic decisions and work closely with IT partners to develop and maintain new features and functions.
- Collaborate across related functions, capitalizing on synergies to ensure a positive and connected employee experience (e.g. TEDxJNJ events, Talent for Good, Global Health Services, etc.).
- Manage and continuously assess new and existing communication processes and delivery channels, including intranet, town hall meetings, Yammer, EHS&S websites, podcasts, video and other company-wide events/vehicles.
- Identify, anticipate, and prioritize communication and engagement needs; providing strategic insight and direction.
- Support EHS&S team and stakeholders with issues management and external engagement activities as needed.
- Interface with Media Relations, Employee Communications, Legal, Public Affairs, JJ Technology and Office of Creative Engagement as needed.
Are you ready to make an impact?
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Business or a related discipline is required.
- 8+ years of experience in communications with a focus on employee engagement.
- Experience working in a matrix environment and driving results through influence.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills. The ability to understand target audiences and translate complex concepts into clear and concise messages.
- Experience managing, leading and executing projects.
- Demonstrated experience translating strategic concepts into action plans and implementing initiatives at an operational level.
- Proven track record of proactive and innovative communications advisory with strong collaboration and partnering skills with business leaders.
- Thrives in fast-paced environments, is flexible, collaborative and deadline driven.
- Able to analyze issues and opportunities and communicate their overarching impact.
- Experience working with emerging technology (i.e., blogs, podcasts, etc.).
- Able to think beyond the “tried and true” to devise innovative ways to communicate, while aligning with goals and objectives.
- Up to approximately 10% travel required.
- Key problem-solving skills in developing communication and engagement strategies and actions.
- Strong knowledge of intranets and web-based communications, including news content and delivery, and social media tools.
- High degree of independent judgment.
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today!
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick- Organization
Johnson & Johnson International (6078)
- social media
About the company
If you’re thinking about taking your career to a place where you can be seen for the talent you bring to your work, where you’ll have a chance to be the driver of your own career, and where others share your passion for caring and success, then we invite you to explore Johnson & Johnson. BE VITAL in your career and make a unique mark. Join the approximately 129,000 men and women who work within our companies and touch the lives of more than a billion people around the world every day.