- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Newport Beach
Senior Manager, Ethics and Compliance (19020397)
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc.’s ethics and compliance program is dedicated to promoting an organizational culture that encourages ethical business conduct and compliance with the law. The Senior Manager, Ethics & Compliance will serve as a key member of the ethics & compliance team and will drive the development, implementation, administration and monitoring of various key compliance program initiatives, systems and controls. Primary responsibilities of the role include:
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Project manage the development, translation and global distribution of Chipotle’s Code of Ethics and policies, including trainings administered through the learning management system.
- Coordinate the gathering of annual certifications of compliance with the Code of Ethics and report and follow-up on delinquent certifications.
- Lead a periodic review of the Code of Ethics and the roll out of any updates.
- Partner with internal audit and legal to perform a periodic risk assessment across the company to identify, quantify and prioritize risks, analyze findings, propose action plans to mitigate risks, and monitor implementation of action plans.
- Schedule and implement the annual compliance training and communications plan, as approved by the ethics & compliance team.
- In partnership with various functions, draft policies and procedures, maintain library of current and historical compliance policies and procedures, and communicate policies and procedures within the company.
- Manage the policy lifecycle process, including regular policy review, updates, approval, distribution and acknowledgments.
- Serve as primary point of contact for policies and respond directly to employee inquiries.
- Partner with external and internal resources to select program content, and to develop custom training materials, as needed.
- Schedule and project manage the implementation of web-based compliance training initiatives through Chipotle’s learning management system. Project manage all facets and logistics for in-person compliance trainings.
- Oversee participation in compliance training and ensure participation is accurately recorded in the learning management system,including reporting and following-up on delinquent participation and acknowledgments.
- Draft compliance communications and manage distribution plan.
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of and the functionality of the EthicsPoint case management system.
- Support investigators and site administrators in inputting and tracking information in EthicsPoint, including responding to technical questions, overseeing the process for intake, assignment and closure of cases, ensuring proper case classification, inputting and assigning matters received through alternate reporting channels, generating reports and conducting routine account maintenance.
- Monitor performance and follow up as appropriate to ensure effectiveness of the compliance program and related activities on an ongoing basis through development, collection, and analysis of key metrics.
- Participate in and coordinate the administration of Chipotle’s Compliance Committee, including scheduling meetings, recording proceedings and follow up actions, and implementing initiatives approved by the Committee.
- Conduct industry research and maintain ongoing awareness of compliance program trends and providers. Facilitate RFP processes as necessary.
- Benchmark Chipotle’s ethics and compliance program against programs of similar companies.
- Lead development of an Ethics & Compliance intranet microsite.
- Partner with colleagues across functions to ensure the site is implemented and regularly updated.
- Generate reports and assist in the preparation of other materials for the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, the internal audit team and other stakeholders.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations and reports on key performance indicators for various compliance presentations.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Legal degree, bachelor’s degree, or paralegal certificate required from an ABA accredited institution
- 5-8 years of relevant experience working in an in-house compliance function; multi-national retail or food industry ethics experience a plus
- Tech-savvy; proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Collaborative; able to build strong relationships and inspire trust and confidence with stakeholders at all levels; works well in an interdependent team
- Strong project management, analytical and problem-solving skills, with proven ability to identify and implement solutions, bring projects to conclusion and deliver results.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including cross-cultural communication skills.
- Self-motivated, demonstrated desire to learn; ability to effectively create new programs and gain buy-in from stakeholders
- Exercises good judgment, and is highly organized, highly resourceful, process-driven, detail-oriented, responsible and conscientious.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines and confidential matters in a highly discrete and sensitive manner.
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically-cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle had nearly 2,500 restaurants as of December 31, 2018 in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. With more than 70,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. Steve Ells, founder and executive chairman, first opened Chipotle with a single restaurant in Denver, Colorado in 1993. For more information or to place an order online, visit WWW.CHIPOTLE.COM.
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast doesn’t have to be a typical fast food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We're changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you'll join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
Primary Location: California - Newport Beach - 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
610 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach 92660
- ms project
About the company
At Chipotle, we’re committed to creating an environment that’s challenging and fun, but mostly, fulfilling. It starts with creating a culture where opportunities for growth are everywhere, and hard work is acknowledged and rewarded with competitive compensation, bonus opportunities and great benefits. We promote from within and create a supportive environment where our employees are given the tools to succeed. It’s a well-rounded job, for folks looking for more than a place to work, but a rewarding career.