- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Team: Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout. You simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what you want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go.
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology. It automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you’re done shopping, you just leave the store. Shortly after, we’ll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our technology uses computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA. We need people who want to join a high-reaching program that continues to collaborate and push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
· The Role:
The systems development manager will lead a team of junior to senior electronics, RF systems and firmware engineers. You will assist with the recruitment, development and retention of the team as we continue to grow our business. You will be responsible for leading hardware design at the systems level and will be hands on with the team throughout the development process including design reviews, buy vs build decisions, device build and bring-up, system integration, and manufacturing and field support. You are ultimately accountable for system level hardware performance and quality.
· Lead cross-functional engineering meetings.
· Lead architecture discussions, development and reviews.
· Dive into and take ownership for critical design issues.
· Lead detailed design reviews.
· Work closely with the hardware operations and software development teams
· Assist with recruitment, management, development and maintenance of a world class hardware design team.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
· 10+ years experience working on developing new products covering RF, electronics and firmware domains
· Applying new approaches to solving common problems.
· 5+ years experience managing system-level development projects
· Experience with managing development and introduction to manufacturing of mechanical devices
· Proven experience taking 5 or more products from concept to production and into sustaining
· Proven ability to use manufacturing and field data to drive design and manufacturing process improvement
· Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent
· System level (EE/RF/embedded SW) integration experience.
· Experience with manufacturing processes for electronics and electronics enclosures
About the company
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Founded by Jeff Bezos, the Amazon.com website started in 1995 as a place to buy books because of the unique customer experience the Web could offer book lovers. Bezos believed that only the Internet could offer customers the convenience of browsing a selection of millions of book titles in a single sitting. During the first 30 days of business, Amazon fulfilled orders for customers in 50 states and 45 countries - all shipped from his Seattle-area garage.
Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.