- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Senior Manager, MSNBC Finance
NBC News and MSNBC
The Senior Manager, MSNBC Finance, will play an integral role on the MSNBC/News finance team. This role is responsible for building strategic partnerships with editorial leadership and technical operators, while collaborating with business partners, such as HR and finance counterparts, in order to build informed financial plans for the business.
Primary responsibilities include:
Create programming analyses to support financial estimates as well as to enable the business to evaluate potential opportunities
Support close processes through accurate pacing updates, G/L journal entries, variance analysis, standard reporting packages and balance sheet account reconciliations
Consolidate and report financials for MSNBC’s direct and indirect show costs, special network events, technical operations, SG&A and long form programming
Partner with business operators on business projects and to ensure the network’s financial objectives are met
Periodically present updates on financial and operating performance and other projects to finance and operating leadership teams
Support ad hoc reporting and analysis
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
• Minimum 5 years of experience in finance and/or accounting
• Must already be at a Manager or Sr. Manager level
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must be proficient in SAP, Excel and PowerPoint
• Keen attention to detail and process oriented with strong analytical skills
• Demonstrates initiative, self-motivation and leadership
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels
• Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively across the organization
• Strong time-management skills with the ability to effectively manage priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.