- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Join Eaton’s Information Technology team and help positively impact our business through leading technologies, exciting and challenging enterprise projects and new platforms. We are currently seeking a Senior Manager IT – Enterprise Oracle EBS Program to join our Product Operations Center of Excellence (PROCOE) team. No relocation is being offered for this position. The candidate will be based at any Eaton facility in the US. If the candidate resides within 50 miles of Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate must work at that site. If the candidate resides more than 50 miles away from Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate will work from a remote Eaton facility or an approved home office.
The Senior Manager IT – Enterprise Oracle EBS Program is responsible for leading the solution design, construction and deployment of Eaton’s global application system leveraged by finance, supply chain, materials, operations and service teams to automate the business processes from order capture to delivery of goods for Vehicle and Electrical business groups. The individual will lead a diverse team of program managers and functional process analysts while partnering with sector business leads and IT relationship managers (BRMs) to deliver a comprehensive application platform that aligns with business processes and offers both a high degree of usability, and is aligned with Eaton’s IT strategy.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this role:
- You will provide strategic alignment between IT and the operations/functions across the Enterprise (Corporate, Industrial and Electrical Sectors). Has the unique ability to put him/her in the shoes of the operational leadership to solve their business problems, and has built the appropriate relationships to proactively influence and effect changes in Eaton operations.
- You will understand key priorities and strategic initiatives of the operation/function in order to identify the appropriate use of technology and supported processes within operations to meet the strategic objectives, align opportunities/ projects across the business and to drive the prioritization and resource allocation within the IT project portfolio.
- You will demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels and across all functions. Communicates frequently with Internal and external customers at a senior level (plant managers, directors, vice presidents, etc). Communicate and reinforce project status, prioritization and timing back to the organization including the communication of critical success measures, issues, and mitigation strategies.
- You will be accountable for project delivery and overall customer satisfaction
- You will build strong working relationships with senior IT management and group Vice Presidents of manufacturing functions.
- You will recommend, manage and deploy technical solutions supporting a global user base of more than 11,000 employees across Vehicle and Electrical
- You will review and propose current trends that should be adopted by Eaton’s business operations, has detailed knowledge of multiple process areas and the linkages between them while demonstrating process expertise in at least one area (finance, materials, customer service/shipping, etc.).
- You will manage large, complex projects - often in parallel. Provide coaching and mentorship to Program Manager and Project Managers.
- You will work closely with multiple business units and large groups to develop conceptual designs as well as create business and technical requirements that can be easily identified and traced.
- You will analyze and understand complex (and often ambiguous) operational and administrative business practices.
- You will ensure solutions released by the organization have comprehensive “User Acceptance Test” plans based on defined requirements.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 10 years IT experience.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience directly managing teams.
- No relocation being offer; candidate must reside within 50 miles of Beachwood, Ohio
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the US on a continuous basis without company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must have a solid understanding of operations including end to end processes consisting of Order to Cash, Procure to Pay and financial business processes, strong program and project management skills, as well as a solid understanding of Information Technology standards. Able to identify “best practices” for applying those best practices appropriately across different businesses.
- Advanced to Expert understanding of manufacturing business processes at Eaton or a prior Company; Advanced to Expert understanding of latest version Oracle EBS; Intermediate to Advanced technical knowledge of computer hardware and software, data management, application programming, data communications, operating systems, utilities and data security; Advanced to Expert understanding of integration and impact points (boundary systems) of involved systems globally; Advanced to SME understanding of some of Eaton key application(s) and/or IT Infrastructure; Advanced to Expert understanding of technology stack and architecture required to support target system (Oracle)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically: Is the first to spot possible future policies, practices and trends in the organization. Must be careful not to overdevelop or depend upon industry and business knowledge and skills at the expense of personal, interpersonal, managerial, and leadership skills. Is respected by others for displaying superior judgement
- Gets Results Through Self & Others: Champions Eaton's integrated operating model by using scale and EBS tools for continuous improvement. Let's people know where they stand, honestly and sensitively
- Demonstrates Leadership Style: Executes on difficult decisions. Recognizes the role and importance of both rules and culture
- Builds Organizational Capability: Is not satisfied with his/her current skill set - always wanting to learn. However, doesn't develop just for the sake of development, without focus or objective. Takes consistent action to develop new skills. Doesn't need to be told what is needed at the next level, knows what to develop. Models and encourages the expression of diverse ideas and opinions. Attracts top talent. Is a Talent Hawk for Eaton. Not afraid to let a mediocre candidate go in order to search for a better one. Places a high priority on developing others through coaching, feedback, exposure, and stretch assignments. Views talent development as an organizational imperative. Forms team with the appropriate and diverse mix of styles, perspectives and experiences. Shares wins and rewards team efforts. Places team goals ahead of own goals.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time