- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Want to see your analytical skills impact the success of local businesses?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.The Health, Beauty and Wellness (HBW) business, a key growth area for Groupon, is hiring a Strategy & Analytics analyst. This role will leverage analytics and business acumen to help HBW leadership make decisions surrounding supply, customer base, and core product.
This analyst will become the subject matter expert on HBW customers and leverage data to help our product, marketing, sales, and operations teams improve the HBW customer experience. As an e-commerce company, data is at the core of our decision making process. In this role, your primary responsibility will be understanding our customer -- you’ll do this through developing a thorough understanding of existing segmentation frameworks and supplementing those frameworks with a deep understanding of customer experience and behavioral data insights. You’ll work with stakeholders throughout the organization to generate objective and actionable short- and long-term recommendations based on that analysis.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a large amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will synthesize data from a variety of databases and provide insight and concise recommendations to partners and senior leadership
- Interpret and communicate insights and findings from analyses to product, marketing, sales, and business managers
- Lead projects that enable managerial decision making
- You should expect to partner closely with multiple stakeholders to understand the context of business problems
- You will build dashboards and reports and conduct deep dive analysis in order to provide meaningful insight on our customer base and core product
We’re excited about you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, statistics, mathematics, economics or similarly quantitative focus required.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in highly analytical roles (product, marketing, business, or operations analytics, consulting, strategic finance, etc.)
- Technology / eCommerce experience preferred.
- Significant experience with SQL and Excel is required. Experience with other data and visualization tools (HQL, Tableau in particular) is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to garner insights from data in order to influence outcomes and decisions (not just report on analytics)
- Self-starter, can-do attitude, and enjoys creative problem solving
- You're proactive and feel comfortable adapting to change in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent communicator (written + oral). An ability to work well with a wide range of people.
About the company
Groupon is a global e-commerce marketplace connecting millions of subscribers with local merchants by offering activities, travel, goods and services in more than 45 countries. Groupon was launched in November 2008, and the first market for Groupon was Chicago, followed soon thereafter by Boston, New York City, and Toronto. By October 2010 Groupon served more than 150 markets[clarification needed] in North America and 100 markets in Europe, Asia, and South America, and had 35 million registered users. By the end of March 2015, Groupon served more than 500 markets worldwide, nearly 48.1 million active customers and featured more than 425,000 active deals globally