- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA) is seeking a Senior Manager for Supplier Financial Risk Management in Everett, WA.
As a Senior Manager for Supplier Financial Risk Management, you will use the full breadth of your education, experience and ability to drive effective solutions to supplier financial distress. As the leader of this small team, you will build larger, diverse teams from across Boeing to develop and execute risk mitigation that protects Boeing Production from the impact of financial distress in our supply chain.
This is an active risk management role. You will split your time between work-outs of specific supplier situations and proactive efforts to identify and mitigate potential supplier situations.
Responsibilities will include:
• Shape and direct financial analysis of distressed suppliers, including liquidity, capital and earnings capacity. Establish connections between business performance and financial results. Identify key drivers, financial risks.
• Link immediacy of financial issues to production risk. Identify financial milestones that will inhibit a supplier’s ability to perform.
• Evaluate options to eliminate risk to Boeing Production from a potential supplier failure and quantify the cost to achieve.
• Strong understanding of corporate finance concepts: working capital, cash flow modeling, earnings analysis, capital structure and debt and credit instruments. SOW level margin, cost and profitability analysis.
• Demonstrated ability to determine root cause commercial issues driving financial performance.
You will be expected to drive the design, implementation and execution of effective approaches to risk mitigation. You will:
• Shape and direct cross functional teams to lead mitigation planning, negotiation and execution. Cross train team members on financial distress.
• Direct interaction with suppliers, supplier stakeholders (e.g. banking relationships, ownership, sub-tier vendors) to architect financial solutions.
• Support nonstandard contracting activities. Establish link between financial risks and issues and contractual rights and remedies.
This is a very small group. A collaborative approach and accountability are key. You will be expected to:
• Own, jointly with the procurement function, successful outcomes to individual supplier cases.
• Build and lead teams. Coordinate cross disciplinary resources (legal, contracting, finance, treasury and accounting) to architect effective solutions.
• Develop and execute tactics to improve proactive identification of imminent production threats from Supplier financial distress. Leverage in house operational and financial information to prioritize risk in our supply chain.
This position requires utilizing a broad range of resources and functions to knit together creative solutions to specific, often unique issues. This is not a process oriented role and has minimal defined ‘off the shelf’ answers. Success requires a strong capability for distilling broad, undefined symptoms into specific issues and defining effective solutions.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Required Qualifications / Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
• This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
• 10+ years experience interfacing with senior and executive leadership.
• 10 + years of financial business experience.
• Domestic and international travel. Not frequent (approximately once per 2 months) but able to leave at short notice.
Preferred Qualifications / Experience:
• Credit restructuring and workouts from within financial institutions.
• Negotiations relevant to financial and legal restructuring; financial transactions.
• Collaborative approach, ability to influence stakeholders. Knitting together teams across disciplines and leading teams to define and execute actions in a fluid environment.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
- Referral to this job is eligible for bonus.
- Bonus amount: US Dollar (USD) $5,000
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.