- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior Manager - Warehouse Operations - 00001URX
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
What you will be doing
In business for over 30 years, American Health Packaging is the premier supplier of serialized, barcoded unit dose products. A subsidiary of AmerisourceBergen, we are the industry leader in providing prepackaged, unit dose oral solids to the health care marketplace. Our manufacturing facility is registered with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and fully adheres to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP). Industry veterans with more than 100 years of collective experience lead our quality and manufacturing departments.
The incumbent will be responsible for the operations of a group of warehouse teams including private label and core business distribution, including inbound, outbound, material handling, controlled substances, and inventory management. This role provides a high level of responsibility, accountability, visibility, and opportunity to directly influence plant distribution results. It is the role with primary responsibility for management of high quality, warehouse operations, building of management team capability, and creation and sustaining of a high-performance culture across the respective group of warehouse functions. This role provides great opportunity for future career growth within the operations functions in Supply Chain, as well as within other important functions such as Quality, Manufacturing, and Integrated Planning.
This position is categorized as compliance critical and, as such, requires and is assigned specific responsibility for ensuring continual and proper compliance with all division, corporate and regulatory requirements. It is the associate’s responsibility to observe all safety rules. Any condition thought to be hazardous or unsafe should be reported to your supervisor immediately.
Warehousing Operations: This role has overall responsibility for the performance of the respective Distribution Department, including safety, quality, and cost, productivity, and customer service. Reporting directly to this role are the Warehouse Operations Managers across Core and Private Label distribution who lead the operating teams associated with that department. In addition to the operations managers the inventory lead role reports directly to the Senior Manager.
- Responsible for all aspects of delivery including Inbound, Outbound, Returns, Destructions, Inventory Accuracy, Cold Chain Distribution, and Controlled Substance Inventory
- Responsible for all aspects of the distribution process, including safety, quality, cost, productivity, scheduling, and customer service.
- Formulation of Department strategy and annual goals and objectives which align to the Plant direction (OGSM – Objectives, Goals, Strategies, & Measures).
- Achieving of all Key Performance Indicators on the Plant Scorecard for the above-mentioned areas
- Creates a safe, healthy and positive working environment for all associates.
- Establishes and maintains the highest quality standards for each warehouse process, as well as for all finished product shipped to our customers.
- Establishes and maintains Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the Distribution of pharmaceutical product.
- Meets customer delivery commitments on time, first time, every time.
- Operates the Department in a highly productive, cost effective manner.
- Provides leadership and guidance for Daily Management systems to ensure high levels of quality, problem identification and resolution, productivity, and associate involvement and ownership.
- Conducts Daily Direction Setting meetings.
- GEMBA walks.
- Team meetings and operating reviews.
- Visual management and on-line reporting.
- Leads and directs day-to-day and strategic duties of Operations Managers.
- Ensures alignment and cross functional collaboration of the Quality and Manufacturing areas.
- Reinforces and upholds compliance with cGMP’s, DEA and OSHA regulations on the production shift.
- Ensures and upholds compliance to Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA) requirements.
- Works to create a team- based environment of engagement and inclusion.
- Develops, manages and coaches operations managers and associates across all functions to improve and build bench strength.
- Responsible for recruiting, training and retaining operations associates.
- Identifies, evaluates and establishes operations metrics that are aligned with the strategic plan.
- Must be able to work various hours, including weekends.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- The Senior Warehouse Manager is responsible for the overall quality and performance of the Department management team. It is the Department Manager who must assess and develop talent, coach the team to work effectively, and address issues that may arise.
- Builds a high performing Department Management Team that is aligned, energized, and has mastery across its areas of responsibility.
- Provides personal, hands-on coaching of Department team members and operating floor associates in the principles of high performing work systems, and holds all levels accountable for implementing and maintaining such practices.
- Creates an effective Department management team, one that has a high sense of urgency and a high level of cross-functional collaboration that drives results
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)
- A bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Procurement or related field required.
- Minimum of 4 years of progressive experience in customer service, distribution, logistics, manufacturing operations or general supply chain areas
- Management experience at front-line leader level for a medium sized facility or a multi-departmental span of control within a much larger organization, reflecting responsibility for at least 15 - 40 associates.
- The successful candidate must be experienced and effective in facilitating continuous improvement activities to increase efficiency, reduce costs while maintaining morale, safety and quality standards.
- Ability to lead and manager teams.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail.
- Ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
- Strong leadership and coaching skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong working knowledge of ERP or Electronic Inventory Management Systems (example Infor and SAP Products) and Lean techniques, and the ability to utilize these tools to create and operate a high performing organization.
Nice to have
- Graduate degree preferred.
- Certificate in CPIM (Certified in Production & Inventory Management) or CSCP (Certified Supply Chain Professional) preferred.
- APICS certification or demonstrated hands on equivalent desired.
- Strong understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory requirements preferred.
- DEA/Controlled substance handling experience a plus.
- Cold chain / controlled temperature handling a plus.
What AmerisourceBergen offersWe offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
• Healthcare for associates and eligible dependents, same-sex and domestic partners
• Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
• Paid volunteer time off
• Life insurance and disability protection
• Pet insurance
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Retirement benefits and more…
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
About AmerisourceBergenAmerisourceBergen is a publicly traded Fortune 12 global healthcare solutions company and is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical services companies. Powered by our associates around the world, we provide pharmaceutical products and business solutions that improve access to care. We operate the backbone of the healthcare supply chain. We drive the future of local care delivery. We guide medical innovations to market. We create healthier futures.
Primary LocationUnited States-Ohio-Columbus
2550 John Glenn Avenue
OrganizationAmerican Health Packaging
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran