- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Francisco
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, a Johnson and Johnson Company, is recruiting for a Senior Medical Science Liaison, Hematologic Malignancies to provide clinical and scientific support to opinion leaders, community physicians, investigators and other healthcare professionals related to the current and developing Janssen Hematologic Malignancies portfolio in the following region: Northern CA, Hawaii. Ideal candidate will reside in the San Francisco Bay Area.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is dedicated to providing medical information and consultative support to the Janssen pharmaceutical companies.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Senior MSL follows all internal policies and functions as scientific and clinical expert on current and future Janssen Scientific Affairs Hematologic Malignancies products in the area relevant to internal and external customers. Builds external relationships with recognized community and academic opinion leaders to identify and address scientific needs and stay abreast of current scientific trends. Provides scientific exchange and clinical support to opinion leaders and community oncology stakeholders on the clinical application of the company’s existing and future products, responds to their unsolicited requests for scientific information via 1:1 or group discussions, as needed discusses disease state concepts and in-depth medical topics aligned with medical affairs strategy. Collaborates with partners in Medical Affairs and Research & Development in support of oncology clinical trials, including site identification, assessment, education of investigators, conduct of recruitment events, and participation in investigator meetings. Also provides support to investigator's requests for investigator-initiated studies according to company guidelines. Provides scientific support and leadership to business and Medical Affairs partners, including training, education and other scientific projects. Collects and communicates clinical insights and intelligence on the market environment, clinical strategies, competition, and other developments relevant to the company’s success. Represents and supports Janssen Scientific Affairs at scientific meetings including congresses, symposia, advisory boards, and investigator meetings. Interprets and reports findings with recommendations for action to relevant internal stakeholders. Consistently maintains a Territory Strategy Plan and shares insights/strategic planning details with Oncology MSL Leadership
Consistently maintains a Territory Strategy Plan and shares insights/strategic planning details with Oncology MSL Leadership:
• Develops a description of HCPs, academic and community practices and healthcare systems.
• Describe regional influence patterns, referral data, research activity, changing external healthcare landscape, and description of field collaborative partnerships.
Demonstrates the ability to Build KOL Partnerships:
• Builds relationships and seeks to understand KOL perspective by approaching each interaction as an opportunity to build and strengthen relationships.
• Conducts ongoing dialogue with customers to understand KOL perspectives.
Demonstrates the ability to calculate the impact of actions or words and tailors approach:
• Integrates scientific data into real life practice to meet customer/audience needs, adapting interpersonal style to particular situations and people.
• Anticipates the responses of various individuals and teams based on their vantage point and perspective.
Executes Research Initiatives:
• Leverages knowledge of standards of care and Janssen company/investigator sponsored clinical trials and competitor landscape to facilitate external-internal research communication.
• Seeks to engage with external investigators regarding unsolicited research inquiries and act as liaison to R&D, Medical Affairs and operations teams.
• Provides clinical trial support to identify potential sites, resolve issues with enrolled sites, and participate in meetings as appropriate, including site initiation visits
About the company
If you’re thinking about taking your career to a place where you can be seen for the talent you bring to your work, where you’ll have a chance to be the driver of your own career, and where others share your passion for caring and success, then we invite you to explore Johnson & Johnson. BE VITAL in your career and make a unique mark. Join the approximately 129,000 men and women who work within our companies and touch the lives of more than a billion people around the world every day.