- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Job DescriptionResponsible for the planning and completion of packaging engineering projects, including the design and development of packaging, testing procedures and strategy, packaging processes, documentation, tooling, and fixtures in order to enhance productivity and product quality. Develop innovative designs and create a strategy for how to incorporate those innovations into the next generation of products. Understand standards and how they apply to Abbott products.
Impact role will have on Abbott
- Implement and manage resource planning and project management tools
- Support ongoing product and new product introductions
- Review and approve Quality Plans, Design Change Plans, Master Validations Plans, protocol, and written reports
- Drive continuous improvement of packaging engineering technical capabilities
- Prepare technical reports, analysis, recommendations and presentations reflecting the status and results of projects in progress on a regular basis
- Develop, implement, train and monitor effectiveness of engineering systems and procedures to ensure compliance to FDA, GMP and all other applicable agency regulations
- Ensure a safe work environment consistent with OSHA requirements and Abbott Policies
- Sets goals which align to department plans and manages the execution of goals through coaching and mentoring.
- Maintains a safe and professional work environment.
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
- BS in Packaging, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering
- 6 plus years in a Medical Device Packaging Engineering function
- Subject matter expert for medical device packaging
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Proficient in reading and creating engineering drawings, including dimensions, tolerances and schematics
- Excellent working knowledge of writing protocols, preparing testing samples, testing samples, and making strong conclusions.
- Excellent firsthand working knowledge medical device package testing as well as proficient working knowledge of ASTM standards associated with medical device package testing.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to set goals and provide positive and constructive feedback respectfully to build positive relationships and improve business results.
- Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multi-tasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational, planning, and follow-up skills and ability to hold others accountable.
- Ability to travel approximately 5-15%, including internationally.
- Subject matter expert of ISO 11607 part I & part II
- High level of knowledge of manufacturing processes and quality standards
- Proficient and extensive working knowledge of lean manufacturing philosophies
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross division business unit model preferred.
- Proficient and extensive working knowledge of packaging equipment for all related processes.
- Proficient and extensive working knowledge of packaging material and suppliers processes.
CAHF Cardiac Arrhythmias & Heart Failure
United States Sylmar : 15900 Valley View Court
Yes, 10 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.