- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
A successful Red Team consultant at FireEyeshould possess a deep understanding of both information security and computer science. They should understand basic concepts such as networking, applications, and operating system functionality and be able to learn advanced concepts such as application manipulation, exploit development, and stealthy operations. This is not a “press the ‘pwn’ button” type of job; this career is technical and challenging with opportunities to work in some of the most exciting areas of security consulting on extremely technical and challenging work. A typical job could be breaking into a segmented secure zone at a Fortune 500 bank, reverse engineering an application and encryption method in order to gain access to sensitive data, all without being detected. If you can exploit at scale while remaining stealthy, identify and exploit misconfigurations in network infrastructure, parse various types of output data, present relevant data in a digestible manner, think well outside the box, or are astute enough to quickly learn these skills, then you’re the type of consultant we’re looking for.
At FireEye, you’ll be faced with complex problem solving opportunities and hands-on testing opportunities on a daily basis. We help our clients protect their most sensitive and valuable data through comprehensive and real world scenario testing. The objective doesn’t end at gaining “domain admin” or “root”; this is expected and is only a starting point.
You are expected to quickly assimilate new information as you will face new client environments on a weekly or monthly basis. You will be expected to understand all the threat vectors to each environment and properly assess them. You will get to work with some of the best red teamers in the industry, causing you to develop new skills as you progress through your career. Are you up to the challenge?
- Perform network penetration, web and mobile application testing, source code reviews, threat analysis, wireless network assessments, and social-engineering assessments
- Develop comprehensive and accurate reports and presentations for both technical and executive audiences
- Effectively communicate findings and strategy to client stakeholders including technical staff, executive leadership, and legal counsel
- Recognize and safely utilize attacker tools, tactics, and procedures
- Develop scripts, tools, or methodologies to enhance FireEye Mandiant’s red teaming processes
- Assist with scoping prospective engagements, leading engagements from kickoff through remediation, and mentoring less experienced staff Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field
- 4-7years' experience in at least three of the following:
Network penetration testing and manipulation of network infrastructureMobile and/or web application assessmentsEmail, phone, or physical social-engineering assessmentsShell scripting or automation of simple tasks using Perl, Python, or RubyDeveloping, extending, or modifying exploits, shellcode or exploit toolsDeveloping applications in C#, ASP, .NET, ObjectiveC, Go, or Java (J2EE)Reverse engineering malware, data obfuscators, or ciphersSource code review for control flow and security flaws
- Strong knowledge of tools used for wireless, web application, and network security testing
- Thorough understanding of network protocols, data on the wire, and covert channels
- Mastery of Unix/Linux/Mac/Windows operating systems, including bash and Powershell
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship AdditionalQualifications:
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Ability to successfully interface with clients (internal and external)
- Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise, understandable manner
- Ability to manage and balance own time among multiple tasks, and lead junior staff when required
About the company