- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior Planning & Analysis Associate-GRO000C3
MISSION AND CULTURE OF PRUDENTIAL
Prudential is a company of smart, ambitious professionals working together to create a better future for our customers and our communities around the globe. As one of the most recognizable financial services companies in the world, our employees are building on our 140-year history of financial strength with a focus on innovation and transformation to meet tomorrow’s most complicated challenges. We are committed to the growth and development of our employees. This includes providing talent mobility across the organization, as well as supporting continuous education through tuition reimbursement, in-house review courses and company sponsored training programs. We see our business success as a direct result of our talent. We are renowned for our diverse culture and our continued efforts to give back to the communities where we live and work.
FINANCE OPPORTUNITY IN GROUP INSURANCE
Prudential’s Group Insurance segment markets, sells and distributes a full range of group life, long-term and short-term group disability, corporate and trust-owned life insurance policies in the U.S. primarily to institutional clients for use in connection with employee and membership benefits plans. Group Insurance also sells ancillary coverage’s and provides plan administrative services in connection with its insurance coverage’s. Prudential has been underwriting group insurance plans since 1916. Today the Group Insurance business is the nation's second-largest group life carrier, with almost 2,900 group life, 1,500 long-term disability, and 1,100 short-term disability clients-insuring more than 20 million employees and their families.
Responsible for the provision of timely, accurate and reliable financial management information and the running and enhancement of reporting systems which facilitate the production of this management information. Role typically encompasses budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis along with the relevant commentary on variances. Responsible for following established guidelines and identifying and resolving problems. Individual at this level is expected to use some independence of thought but to refer more complex problems to supervisors or other experts. Individual would be expected to contribute to work flow or process change and redesign, and to form a strong basic understanding of the specific product or process. May also be accountable for regular reporting or process administration as owner. May direct day to day work of junior level employees, but will not typically have formal management role. Roles at this level are typically for those exhibiting strong basic executional capabilities and who are beginning to take on more responsibility. However, there is not significant independence of action at this level. This level may include individuals in the final stages of a University College graduate training program or those studying for a professional qualification or accreditation.
- Support and participate in quarterly GAAP & Statutory Multi-Year Plans and forecast updates.
- Assume lead role in developing a more robust and efficient end-to-end commission forecasting process including projections and variance analysis for all commission components
- Support collection and maintenance of key financials and business drivers for senior management reporting and monthly financial updates for Finance and the business.
- Partner with internal business and corporate areas including but not limited to actuarial (business and corporate), underwriting, sales, Corporate Reporting, GAAP & STAT reporting and Treasurers.
- Ongoing identification and implementation of process efficiencies
- Support the Group Insurance business with enterprise initiatives and adhoc requests as needed
- Degreein Finance / Accounting (or equivalent work experience)
- 1-3years of experience, MBA, CPA a plus
- Proficientin Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellentoral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Easilyestablishes a rapport with others, as well as builds effective businesspartnerships
- Proactive,high degree of self-motivation and passion to succeed
- Demonstratesgood time management; ability to handle multiple priorities/projects and dailyactivities
- Strongproblem solving and analytical skills, with close attention to detail
- Knowledgeof Prudential’s financial systems (Obero, EFDW, etc.) and Statutory Accounting isa plus
- Overtimeis required during peak periods
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function Accounting/Finance/Treasury/Tax
Primary Location United States-New Jersey-Roseland
About the company
For over 140 years, Prudential Financial (NYSE:PRU) has helped people grow and protect their wealth. We offer individual and institutional clients a wide array of financial products and services. Today, we are one of the world’s largest financial services institutions. We have over $1 trillion of assets under management as of March 31st, 2017, and approximately $3.7 trillion of gross life insurance in force worldwide as of Dec. 31, 2016. We have operations in the United States, Asia, Europe and Latin America. We also have one of the most recognized and trusted brand symbols: The Rock® , an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation. We measure our long-term success on our ability to deliver value for shareholders, meet customer needs, attract and develop the best talent in our industry, offer an inclusive work environment where employees can develop to their full potential, and give back to the communities where we live and work. (Pru.us/disclaimer)