- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
senior platform engineer, Cloud Foundation Services, Starbucks Technology - SSC - Seattle,WA (Job Number: 190000961)
Location: US-WA-Seattle-Starbucks Support Center
Starbucks - Technology
platform engineer sr, Cloud Foundation Services
The Cloud Foundation services team is looking for an experienced Platform Engineer excited to work with Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services, and Go. We are building a platform that makes it easy to run micro services in a secure, scalable, and reliable way for Starbucks Technology. This senior engineer is a key member of the team helping to build that customer focused platform as a service (PaaS). Our ideal candidate would be excited about new technology and love to mentor other members of the team.
Job Summary and Mission
At Starbucks, our mission is to inspire and nurture the human spirit – one person, one cup, and one neighborhood at a time.
Starbucks Technologists work to achieve this mission through the use of cutting-edge technology delivered to our partners, customers, stores, roasters, and global communities. This job contributes to Starbucks success by delivering high-quality, reliable, and stable technologies and security capabilities in support of the Starbucks Engineering Platform. This position is accountable for the installation, configuration, monitoring, analysis, maintenance, and technical support of the platform. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Communicates highly complex ideas and concepts to non-technical peers and customers
- Ability to establish cross-functional, collaborative relationships with business and technology partners
- Support the development team and perform activities to resolve developer issues in a timely and accurate fashion
- Engineer build and release processes
- Ability to effectively manage and partner with technology vendors to deliver against business objectives
- Conducts research and makes recommendations on standards, products, and services
- Ensures application and infrastructure architectural solutions are stable, secure, and compliant with Company standards and practices
- Implements all technologies in accordance with Information Security's guiding principles for highly sensitive data
- Provide high-availability operational support and automate solutions across the environment
- Implements deep telemetry capabilities to provide ongoing success and performance metrics
- Implements service monitoring across all platforms to ensure continuous availability and operational continuity of critical systems
- Upholds company policies, and legal/regulatory requirements, such as PCI
- Implements and maintains system configurations and baselines to support secure application development software control best practices and standards
Education (minimum education level, degree or certification necessary):
- 4-8 years of professional industry experience with software development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Skills (minimum skills required):
- 5+ years of experience in system administration, network administration, and systems engineering
- 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following languages: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl and/or Ruby.
- 3+ years Experience with large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures
- Demonstrated ability to debug and optimize code, and automate routine tasks.
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Proven ability to translate insights into business recommendations
- Knowledge in application development and supporting a development environment
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine)
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements, such as SOX, PCI, HIPAA, Data Protection, etc.
- Demonstrated experience implementing and managing high capacity, redundant, and mission critical environments
- Knowledge in databases and comfortable with various databases technologies
- Proficiency in TCP/IP networking, architecture and core technologies ( DNS, routing, iptables, tc, etc.)
- Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 production environment
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.