- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Req ID: 173868
The WarnerMedia Story
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
A Senior Producer for a CNN Prime Time show plays a pivotal role for the show. This person must have exceptionally strong news judgment and decision-making skills and be able to lead the show producers and live broadcast in breaking news situations when required. This person will serve in the control room, daily. The Senior Producer will help generate unique angles and creative ideas for each night's program, conceive and execute segments, edit questions and segments prepared for the anchor and help manage tape producers closely while working with the show's leadership and anchor. We are looking for a dedicated, enthusiastic and flexible candidate with strong multi-tasking skills for our live prime time program. The Senior Producer will also work with correspondents on scripts and live shots and assist in planning for the next day's reports and guest segments. When the need arises, the ability to line produce the show is desirable. This person will also work closely with Rights and Clearances, the Affiliate Desk and assignment desks.
- 8+ years of news production or related experience
- A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
- Control room experience required
- Experience in show production and script review
- Live line producing and experience handling breaking news, a proven ability to work well under pressure and deadline
- Strong writing and production skills
- Outstanding judgment, critical and strategic thinking, organization skills, and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic
- Field producing experience strongly suggested
- Must be able work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
About the company
Turner Broadcasting creates and programs branded news; entertainment; animation and young adult; and sports media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Turner is a Time Warner Company.