- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Port Charlotte
Who We Are:
What makes Discovery Education a GREAT fit for you? When you join Discovery Education, you'll be part of a fast-growing global team that empowers teachers with best-in-class digital curriculum that connects learning to the real-world so that every student can achieve to their highest potential.
We’re the global leader in standards-based digital curriculum for K-12 classrooms, positively impacting students by aligning with strategic partners and educational institutions to deliver award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development and the largest networked learning community of its kind.
For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the educational technology space, Discovery Education offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the support of an established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming. Team members enjoy a high-energy, purpose-driven work environment — as well as tremendous opportunities to grow, learn and make a difference. If you like working with a curious, collaborative, high-performing team, Discovery Education is the place for you.
What You’ll Do:
Through the development of detailed business cases, the Senior Product Manager establishes key performance indicators for their product and ensures that their team is continuously improving these metrics. The Senior Product Manager defends business cases to senior executives and leads business reviews to ensure that the team prioritizes the right work, delivering the most customer value is the fastest time possible. This prioritized work forms a clear roadmap for that product. The Senior Product Manager is a proven leader. Their leadership experience shows their ability to get results, both at a strategic and tactical level. They motivate their team to accomplish — and beat — their defined goals. They partner with teams across the company to deliver new experiences for their customers.
- Owns the roadmap for their product(s)
- Understand markets, competition and customer/user requirements in depth.
- Continuously reviews, refines and drives prioritization of the product roadmap, clearly articulating the vision and strategy to the engineering and technology teams.
- Develops and defends the business case for a new product feature or set of features, works with finance to create detailed financial models and uses business/financial acumen to modify as necessary; accountable for successful P&L of business case
- Runs Reviews for their product(s) and monitors product KPIs to ensure success metrics are being met, prioritizes options for improvement or enhancement
- Works with management to drive work across other product teams and helps move and prioritize work into other product backlogs
- Develops and presents communications, frequently to senior leadership, communicating the desired message, at the appropriate level, for the right recipient
- Keeps pace with change and maintains a competitive advantage within the marketplace by seeking out and learning about changes in the field
- Serve as an internal resource on digital experience, product management, emerging technology, and digital Requirements:
Mission-Driven : Passionate about Discovery Education's vision to transform teaching and learning, experience in education or ed-tech industry a plus
Professional Experience : You have at least 3-5 years of product management experience and demonstrated success defining product roadmaps, building collaboratively with design and engineering peers, and shipping at scale.
Collaborative : Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
Communication: Demonstrated expertise working in complex, collaborative, cross-functional teams with strong influence, communication and partnership skills
Self-Motivation and Self-Starter : The ability to do what needs to be done without being micromanaged; ability to manage/prioritize multiple tasks, proactively manage numerous projects, and prioritize competing timelines; demonstrate a problem solving/ solution-oriented approach
Learning Orientation : Always willing to learn something new, not rigid in beliefs or expectations
Sense of Humor : Because we all need to laugh sometimes
Self-Motivation and Self-Starter : The ability to do what needs to be done without being micromanaged; ability to manage/prioritize multiple tasks, proactively manage numerous projects, and prioritize competing timelines; demonstrate a problem solving/ solution-oriented approach.
Legal right to work in the United States
About the company