- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon Connect is guiding a connected world on the go by automating, optimizing and revolutionizing the way people, vehicles and things move through the world. Our full suite of industry-defining solutions and services put innovation, automation and connected data to work for customers and help them be safer, more efficient and more productive. As a SaaS leader, we know our talent is the most important component to our success. We hire top talent and empower them to do their best work. As a fast growing division within Verizon, we combine the fun and excitement of a start-up environment with the resources, operational excellence, and brand recognition of an established tech giant. This is a highly visible role within the hardware product team and will require you to bring a love for complex IOT systems, highly technical information, and leadership capabilities to clearly define the next generation of devices using the best from Verizon. You will lead and influence your cross-functional teams and stakeholders to chart a new path for our intelligent devices ecosystem
Define Long Term Product Strategy
- Work with senior management, internal stakeholders and customers to create product plans and roadmaps. Work with cross-functional team to develop threeto five year business plans.
- Complete competitive & market segment analysis identify product opportunities.
- Define, create and manage multiple levels of product roadmaps.
- Able to create financial models to assess the viability of various business models.
- Partner with UX teams to create compelling experience strategies.
- Participate and lead user experience interviews and testing to gather continuous customer insights
- Make creative recommendations to expand the product base & increase MSS.
Find Product-Market Fit
- Use lean approaches to experiment quickly with an aim to find product-market fit.
- Employ design thinking approaches to identify & solve truly valuable customer problems.
- Synthesize customer insights from quantitative and qualitative data.
- Define product requirements – writing and prioritizing use cases & happy path scenarios.
- Incorporate feedback and input from customers, partners and in-house teams on product strategy and finding ways to expand product market reach.
- Manage Product Execution & Assess Market performance.
- Manage product development lifecycle, prioritize feature development, create execution plans and identify development teams to execute the roadmap.
- Ensure products and releases are launched correctly and on schedule. Gather customer feedback, run advisory session and measure/manage NPS post launch.
- Partner with marketing, sales, and operations on defining & flawless execution of GTM plans.
- Quickly root cause product issues and manage customer/ exec expectations.
- Synthesize your own analysis and succinct recommendation for a path forward.
- Be able to operate in a highly matrixed, globally distributed organization.
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced and changing environment.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience managing or architecting hardware systems, IoT / industrial devices.
- Experience managing products across the lifecycle - define-launch-EOL.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- Engineering degree in Industrial Systems or related field.
- MBA degree.
- Ten or more years of experience in product development or management.
- Experience operating in an agile & lean product development environment, comfortable interacting with both hardware and software development processes.
- Experience in managing and building consumer electronics hardware or devices.
- Curiosity, logic and strong in analytics: you know how to ask the right questions and get meaningful data.
- Self-directed and collaborative & cultivate relationships with cross-functional teams & partners.
- Experience in qualitative user research & design thinking approaches.
- Clearly & effectively communicate the roadmaps, product plans, and availability to internal stakeholder teams to ensure alignment and cross-group readiness.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.