- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior Marketing Specialist
Retail, Home & Auto, Food & Drink
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
We are seeking an exceptionally talented Sr. Marketing Specialist who can leverage digital expertise in planning, execution and optimization to drive growth through online marketing channels including Email, Display, Affiliate, SEM and SEO. You will analyze performance, recommend strategy, and lead initiatives to grow the Retail, Home & Auto, and Food & Drink business units. This includes digital channel strategy, business analysis and extensive cross functional collaboration. The impact of this role is significant and broad, accounting for a large percentage of our KPIs. The successful candidate will have strong analytical skills with a good understanding of digital marketing and performance levers that exist within. You should be a self-starter with a bias for action, the ability to communicate effectively, and a love for solving complex problems.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have the resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
- Drive strategic direction for all aspects of marketing including Email, Display, Affiliate, SEM, SEO, Social Media, and site merchandising
- Collaborate heavily with various marketing teams across the organization - build processes and calendars, create merchandising/marketing plans, etc.
- Translate data findings into actionable recommendations for internal teams
- Provide regular reporting (weekly, monthly, and ad hoc) and performance updates to communicate successes, inconsistencies and under‐performance
- Support campaign project management during peak season, aligning all partnering teams to a common goal
- Partner closely with Sales to gain insights, develop support tools, provide solutions to help them maintain their books of business.
- Turn customer data and analytics into effective targeting to engage customers
- Create opportunities through staying current with new paid media channels and industry best practices
- Fulfill other duties as required
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Identify problems and find solutions.
- Support and mentor team members.
You are awesome at:
- Innovation Management: You are good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market; you have good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work; a sense about supporting the creative process of others; you can facilitate effective brainstorming and project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace
- Planning: You accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; set objectives and goals; you break down work into the process steps; develop schedules and task/people assignments; you anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks; and measure performance against goals
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears appropriately, can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
- Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard; is full of energy for the things that she/he sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others
- 5+ years experience working on cross-functional marketing and/or performance marketing teams that delivered results related to conversion, marketing optimization, and/or user engagement.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical skills - ability to manipulate/analyze data and make business decisions within marketing channels
- Proven track record of making things happen through cross-functional teams
- You thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments and can effectively cope with change
- Attention to detail and accuracy in reporting
- You are a creative thinker and come up with innovative and effective ways to ensure all goals are met
- Take initiative. Relish the opportunity of starting or picking up new work autonomously
- Strong interpersonal skills with an enthusiastic, high energy personality
- You communicate effectively, both via keyboard and in person
About the company
Groupon is a global e-commerce marketplace connecting millions of subscribers with local merchants by offering activities, travel, goods and services in more than 45 countries. Groupon was launched in November 2008, and the first market for Groupon was Chicago, followed soon thereafter by Boston, New York City, and Toronto. By October 2010 Groupon served more than 150 markets[clarification needed] in North America and 100 markets in Europe, Asia, and South America, and had 35 million registered users. By the end of March 2015, Groupon served more than 500 markets worldwide, nearly 48.1 million active customers and featured more than 425,000 active deals globally