- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Ready to build products in a truly product-driven company? Are you passionate about using technology to change the world?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success.
As a part of Groupon’s Product team, our Product Managers are the glue holding our business and technology strategy goals together. While they might look different in each part of the organization, they all use a variety of different technologies and development practices to liaise and build groundbreaking local commerce products used by millions of people. Depending on the team you jump into, you’ll have a healthy mix of both business-driving and technical leadership responsibilities, allowing you the autonomy to be both analytical and creative
As a Principal Product Manager on the Search & Discovery Team you will delight users, enhance their exploration experience and realize valuable impacts to the company! We are looking for an experienced senior product leader to help disrupt the future of local by fundamentally changing how consumers and businesses interact. Teach and learn by leading a cross-functional smart, fun, collaborative team working on the Search & Discovery experience. If you’re passionate about consumer products, this is the place to be!
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You’ll spend time on the following:- Creating and evangelizing a compelling vision, partnering with other business functions to understand the landscape, building and prioritizing the product roadmap, defining features with attention to detail, and bringing them to life by partnering with the rest of the organization to launch them.
- Delighting users, enhancing customer experience, improving searches and personalized recommendations achieving enhancing exploration
- Building out features and shipping them globally across Web, Mobile Web and Mobile App
We’re excited about you if you have:- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar field
- 8+ years industry experience; including at least 5 years in Product Management
- You’re a self-starter who can execute in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction
- Ability to work collaboratively in an environment that promotes constant team communication
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have an excellent understanding of product development and how web and mobile technologies work
- You have strong analytical, problem solving, and project management skills
- You can call the shots and enjoy leading changes
- A plus if you have MBA, or MS or PhD program in Computer Science
- A big plus if you have prior Mobile Product experience
About the company
Groupon is a global e-commerce marketplace connecting millions of subscribers with local merchants by offering activities, travel, goods and services in more than 45 countries. Groupon was launched in November 2008, and the first market for Groupon was Chicago, followed soon thereafter by Boston, New York City, and Toronto. By October 2010 Groupon served more than 150 markets[clarification needed] in North America and 100 markets in Europe, Asia, and South America, and had 35 million registered users. By the end of March 2015, Groupon served more than 500 markets worldwide, nearly 48.1 million active customers and featured more than 425,000 active deals globally