- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Colorado Springs
DescriptionUniversityof Colorado – School of MedicineSenior Professional Research Assistant Practice Innovation Specialist The University of ColoradoDenver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitmentto creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value theability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diversebackgrounds.
Nature of WorkThe Department of Family Medicine is a department within theUniversity of Colorado’s School of Medicine with a mission of patient care,medical education, research and community engagement. The mission of the Practice InnovationProgram at the University of Colorado School of Medicine (PIP@CU) is to fosterinnovation in health and healthcare. We aim to be a leading source ofinnovative tools, support, education, evaluation, and research designed toimprove healthcare practices, systems, and communities of health. Informationabout our program can be found here: www.practiceinnovationco.org.
The Senior Professional Research Assistant (Senior PRA) willprimarily work with the PIP@CU team assisting with both research and healthsystem re-design projects. Initially, the PRA will be primarily working withPIP@CU on a project that supports the Criminal Justice Services Team within theColorado Office of Behavioral Health, Division of Community Behavioral Healthto improve program oversight, technical assistance, and programmatic monitoringof services for individuals involved in the criminal justice system in thestate. This position will work closely with the entire team to provide researchsupport to project investigators. The senior PRA may be working to collectcritical program information via interviews, and work with the team to summarize,and disseminate finding to determine next steps.
Examples of Work to be Performed
· Work closely with qualitative analysis lead to conduct interviewswith jail staff, health professionals and community members, and summarize thefindings to help the team determine next steps.
· Work closely with the project manager, to manage, schedule andattend project-related meetings, tracking and reporting project activities, includingproject milestones and timelines. Co-leads programs and manages necessarycommunication for the life of the project.
· Work closely with data manager to develop a plan forcollecting, managing, and reporting survey and other project data. Helps data team perform data collection andcoordination, data entry, coding, cleaning, management, and analysis. Compiles information, creating data reports, analyzing dataand designing, writing, producing, and disseminating study reports.
· Work closely with the evaluation team to build anddistribute various study documents.
· Provides internal pre-project support to assist in building andsubmitting grant proposals.
· Opportunities to co-author papers and presentations. Collaborateswith project teams to write, edit, and prepare journal submission materials. Collaborateswith project teams to develop and prepare abstracts for professionalpresentations, such as workshops, oral presentations, and posters.
· Collaborates with project director, Principal Investigators (PIs),the Office of Grants & Contracts, and the Institutional Review Board (IRB)to ensure adherence to University rules and project-specific requirements.Participates in IRB and reporting activities as required.
· Assists with planning and logistics for large conference sessionsand other project meetings.
· Facilitates document management for projects, includingmaintaining practice agreements, data use agreements, and business associateagreements, and any grant related reporting requirements.
· Supervision of students and other research project staff as neededin conduct of the above activities.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary iscommensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers afull benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, includingeligibility, is located at Employee Services.
University ofColorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe andsecure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist inachieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees priorto their employment.
The ImmigrationReform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility bedocumented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons withdisabilities.
Yourtotal compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University ofColorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributionsthat add to your bottom line.
TotalCompensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Pleaseclick here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
TheUniversity of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed torecruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrativestaff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect,communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnicminorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University ofColorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
QualificationsMinimum Qualifications· Master’s degree in a health-related disciplinesuch as public health, health education, sociology, anthropology, nursing,psychology, dietetics or other related field.
· Two or more years’ experience in working onresearch or public health projects.
· Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability tocommunicate clearly and diplomatically with all collaborating partners.
· Excellent computer skills (Microsoft OfficeSuite)
· Experience using in-person interviews to collectinformation, summarize findings, and inform a project team.
· An interest in qualitative research, includingqualitative data coding and analysis.
· Previous experience in quality improvement,health promotion and primary care.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationshipswith employees at all levels throughout the institution.
· Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advancediversity and inclusion.
· Self-directed and able to independently solve problems and assistothers with making decisions.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Dec 2, 2019
Unposting Date: Ongoing
- ms project
- project manager