- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Colorado Springs
University of Colorado – School of MedicineSenior Professional Research Assistant TheUniversity of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals withdemonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and workingenvironment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students,faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The full time SeniorProfessional Research Assistant (Senior Clinical Research Coordinator) providesregulatory, study coordination, and data collection/entry support for theClinical Research Support Team (CReST). This position will also haveindependent decision making and leadership responsibilities. CReST is part ofColorado Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute. CReST provides supportto clinical investigators for all activities related to the successful conductof clinical research, from study start-up through close out. This is thecornerstone to translate basic science knowledge into clinically usefultreatment for patients.
Examples of WorkPerformed:
- Acts as primary contact for study sponsor representatives and study subjects for assigned research studies
- Assures adherence to all research standards as set forth by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP), University of Colorado Hospital, University of Colorado Denver (UCD), and other pertinent regulatory agencies.
- Collaborates with and relays timely information to investigators, study staff, and CReST Leadership
- Reviews protocol inclusion/exclusion criteria, and confirms study eligibility.
- Conducts the informed consent process, and insures that it is properly documented.
- Recruits prospective participants and conducts data collection visits for multiple clinical studies. Familiarizes potential participants with the details of the study through phone contacts and in-person interviews.
- Assures protocol compliance and completes necessary records.
- Accurately enters source data into Case Report Form (CRF) or study database in a timely manner. Reviews records after each visit for completeness and accuracy. Maintains participant research files
- Manages scheduling of participants, track subject participation and participate in monitoring visits.
- Recognizes adverse events and serious events and promptly notifies appropriate parties.
- Assists with processing bills and/or answering billing questions related to procedures performed for participants enrolled in clinical studies
- Development and negotiation of industry clinical trial budgets
- Independent decision making and strategic thinking
- Provide oversight of processes and studies
- Other duties as assigned by manage
Salary and Benefits: The hiring salary for this position is $50,000 to $65,000commensurate with skills and experience.The Universityof Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefitsprograms, including eligibility, is located at EmployeeServices.
University ofColorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe andsecure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist inachieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees priorto their employment.
The ImmigrationReform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility bedocumented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons withdisabilities.
Yourtotal compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University ofColorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributionsthat add to your bottom line.
TotalCompensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Pleaseclick here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
TheUniversity of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed torecruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrativestaff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect,communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnicminorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University ofColorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
· Bachelorof Science or equivalent life sciences degree
· Atleast 4 years clinical research coordination experience
· Experiencewith Industry and Investigator-initiated clinical trials
· Proficiencyin all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
· Superiorcommunication and organizational skills
Preferred Qualifications:· EpicEMR experience
· CertifiedClinical Research Professional (CCRP) or Certified Clinical ResearchCoordinator (CCRC) certification
· Bi-lingual(Spanish & English)
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Dec 2, 2019
Unposting Date: Ongoing