- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world's leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors.
Our 1,500-plus technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries.
By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.Job Description:
This Senior Project Engineer opportunity is available on our Chicago team in either the Romeoville or Deerfield office.
- This position will be responsible for mechanical design, equipment specification and procurement, vendor and contractor management, as well as installation, commissioning, qualification, and start-up support.
- A practical understanding of process design and construction management and electrical/control and instrumentation design integration preferred.
- This position requires strong analytical skills, basic understanding of project management fundamentals as well as strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, & AutoCAD).
- Candidates need to possess effective organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
This position requires an individual who is a self-starter and can work with minimal supervision.
- Minimum B.S.
in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or equivalent technical degree.
- Minimum 5-7 years of industrial project engineering experience involving packaging systems and manufacturing automation applications.
Experience in the food, dairy or high speed beverage/brewery industries is applicable and preferred.
- Willing and able to travel as necessary for project requirements to include but not be limited to: project installation and start-up activities, client meetings, company sponsored meetings, trainings, industry related seminars, forums, or conventions, etc.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer.
M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
- microsoft project
- ms project