- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Overland Park
At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you’ll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients’ needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We’re proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
Who we are looking for:
The Senior Project Manager leads and directs multiple projects under limited supervision. These projects are focused on meeting the strategic goals of MSS and often includes client-facing components. The Senior Project Manager manages projects from inception to completion, identifying and documenting project requirements, supporting clients on various information security initiatives, keeping all stakeholders apprised of project and budget status, and managing issues to resolution. They are also responsible for assembling the project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing the schedule to ensure timely completion of the project.
The Senior Project Manager is considered a project management expert in the MSS Program Governance team. The Senior Project Manager must have a broad and deep knowledge of the various MSS services, and possess expert-level knowledge of MSS Program Governance processes and systems. They must have the ability to effectively lead complex projects that span multiple strategic initiatives and departments within MSS. The Senior Project Manager must also be an expert in providing consistent project status to stakeholders and Program Governance leadership across all of the projects they manage.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Independently manage project activities from inception to completion.
- Provides a single point of contact to the client/team during the project for all aspects of the engagement. May work with Program Manager as part of a larger engagement.
- Communicate with stakeholders on project performance and escalated project issues.
- Conduct and coordinate meetings and provide project update summaries to appropriate parties.
- Communicate client concerns, questions and conflicts to sales and service delivery teams.
- Meet regularly with team to aid in identifying issues and strategies.
- Responsible for coordination and collaboration of project events, meetings, and technical resources and must have experience with third party relationships.
- Generate and distribute status reports and lead meetings to disseminate appropriate information to stakeholders.
- Take proactive steps to protect the company from project issues and risks.
- Proactively monitor and report on project budget, timelines and deliverables.
- Build and develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Review and lead clarification (as required) of project scope, captured in the services statement of work and working closely with the customer and sales to identify specific customer requirements.
- Ensure a common understanding by setting expectations in accordance with the Project Plan, in order to align the stakeholders and team members.
- Provide project metrics to stakeholders and Program Governance (PG) Leadership for decision support.
- Maintain awareness of emerging technologies and project management techniques.
- Train and mentor more junior members of the PG team.
- Identify opportunities for improvement within the PG and formulates proposed tools, policies, and processes to improve overall effectiveness and the client experience.
- Effectively lead complex projects that span multiple practice areas.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university (a combination of education and demonstrated experience in the industry may be considered).
- 5+ years of experience in a project/program delivery leadership role within a professional services or consulting organization
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Project Management expertise, specifically demonstrated success managing multiple clients and disparate initiatives on a long term-basis.
- Management of security-related projects strongly desired.
- Familiarity with Project Management methodologies, best practices, and toolsets required.
- Experience interfacing with both clients and partners required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills required.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision required.
- Previous experience in a professional services environment strongly desired.
- Superior problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to work as a team player, strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Adept in planning, leading change management, working in a fast-paced environment, and multi-tasking skills required.
Why you’ll love it here:
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! Optiv’s mission is to deliver comprehensive, integrated cybersecurity programs to optimize customer security programs to be more effective, efficient, manageable and measurable. Our aim is to become the world’s largest cybersecurity solutions integrator by leveraging our expertise in security technology, market-leading services, and innovative approaches. We have served more than 12,000 clients of various sizes across multiple industries, we offer an extensive geographic footprint, and have premium partnerships with more than 350 of the leading security product manufacturers. Optiv is a privately-held company backed by KKR, a leading global private equity firm.
With Optiv you can expect:
- An entrepreneurial and collaborative environment
- A competitive total rewards program
- Professional training opportunities
- Engaging and fun culture
- Opportunity to work with industry leading, talented peers
- ms project
- project manager