- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Moreno Valley
This position will be based in one of the US Amazon buildings with 40%+ travel
The Senior Regional EHS Manager will be responsible for partnering with a regional operations team in our Amazon Fulfillment Network to execute company EHS policies and ensure compliance to all applicable local and regional regulations. By leveraging lean principles and kaizens, this individual will lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in our processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for our Associates.
The Senior Regional EHS Manager must demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with the Operations Team and influence change through providing comprehensive risk assessments and safety data analysis.
The Senior Regional EHS Manager must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. This individual must instruct and train Operations Leaders in company EHS policies and assist the regional teams in incorporating our EHS standards at their site.
The Senior Regional EHS Manger will be required to identify best practices and incorporate these best practices into our standards to continuously improve company EHS policies.
The Senior Regional EHS Manager will be required to possess excellent EHS program and relevant safety, environmental and ergonomic knowledge and demonstrates this expertise when working with Operations.
The Senior Regional EHS Manager will be responsible to lead a team of EHS Managers in their region. This individual must create and execute leadership development plans for their EHS Managers and EHS Associates on their team. They must communicate EHS team expectations and give frequent and appropriate feedback to their EHS teams and ensure they are executing to the core competencies of an Amazon EHS professional. This individual must also demonstrate the ability to judge and assess EHS talent and select appropriate bench strength to current and future business needs.
Senior Regional EHS Manager Responsibilities:
• Possess a thorough understanding of local/regional regulations and company policy.
• Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable Amazon EHS Policies.
• Measure the regions and sites’ performance against published requirements in EHS policies. For all deficiencies, identify a plan for the site to implement and fix all identified deficiencies.
• Ensure EHS recordkeeping and data integrity and provides Operations with accurate reporting and metrics to support business EHS initiatives.
• Deliver on-time and quality projects to Operations. Deliver quality projects on time to Operations.
• Analyze EHS metrics and review incident weekly and monthly incident trends to discover trends to justify the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the safety risk is highest.
• Analyze Global Safety Peer Review results and develop and implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury at other FCs.
• Audit recordkeeping practices and Global EHS Database entries to ensure compliance to global EHS standards and local regulations.
• Audit the workplace organization and Associate behaviors to ensure that training, auditing and scoring methods are accurate and consistent.
• Manage and mentor the FC EHS Manager and EHS Associates in your assigned FCs.
• Spend time at the fulfillment centers and seek input from EHS teams, Associates and leaders on EHS program improvement opportunities. Ensure open communication on status of progress and resolution against these suggestions.
• Lead soft tissue injury reduction efforts by performing targeted Kaizens in partnership with the Operations teams based on the risks identified in each task (force, repetition, and awkward postures).
• Ensure site leadership and Associates are trained and knowledgeable of their responsibilities under each policy. Audit the quality, delivery (including qualifications of the trainer), and effectiveness of all required EHS training.
• Review for effectiveness the deployed EHS tools and revise to ensure continual improvement.
• Partner with corporate and other regional field EHS personnel to leverage global EHS and environmental best practices into NA network standards.
· 7+ years' of increasing responsibilities in safety and/or environmental programs in manufacturing, production, or service operations.
· Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment.
· Experience leading change in multiple site environment and managing multiple direct reports.
· BS/BA in safety, environmental, ergonomics or a related field required
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort interfacing with Directors and VPs
· Ability to develop and implement department goals and strategies based on broader organization goals.
· Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
· Ability to travel up to 40%
About the company
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Founded by Jeff Bezos, the Amazon.com website started in 1995 as a place to buy books because of the unique customer experience the Web could offer book lovers. Bezos believed that only the Internet could offer customers the convenience of browsing a selection of millions of book titles in a single sitting. During the first 30 days of business, Amazon fulfilled orders for customers in 50 states and 45 countries - all shipped from his Seattle-area garage.
Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.