- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
76558 Engineering 9/3/2019 Chicago, Illinois, United States
Motorola Mobility, A Lenovo Company, is one of the world’s fastest growing smartphone providers, creating groundbreaking, affordable, high-quality products designed and built with the global customer in mind. And it’s our people who make this all happen. We are thinkers, risk-takers and problem solvers, working together to constantly challenge the status quo. If you share our commitment to ingenuity, creativity and innovation we want you to help us define our world of tomorrow. Explore the opportunities and apply today.
The RF team plays a key role in our smartphone development process. We’re responsible for assuring network connects are strong and viable so the data needed for our smartphones is uploaded/downloaded on demand. We review critical documentation to ensure our smartphones meet the global standardizations and specific national regulatory certifications, such as the FCC’s: electrical, mechanical and software. We work with transceiver architecture to design and build electrical circuitry and layouts that meet the requirements of global carriers. We also work closely with the software development team to ensure RF performance remain stable.
Your project work will include:
• Working with the RF architecture team to develop and specify next generation receiver, transmitter and RF front-end components
• Determining RF service coverage for optimal smartphone performance
• Converting 3rd party vendor designs into prototypes; performance testing of your PCB layout
• Investigating performance issues to determine and correct root causes and issues
• Collaborating across hardware and software teams to upgrade existing RF performance and ensure standardization compliance
Position Requirements: Required Skill Set
• Minimum 3-5 years of hands-on experienced with RF circuits, architectures and systems, specifically cellular handset design
• Can use fluently for Network Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzer, CMW500, Signal generator.
• Experience designing, specifying and implementing receivers and transmitters
• Understanding of LTE, WCDMA, GSM, CDMA, 5G N
• Experience using MATLAB and ADS simulation tools
• Strong written and verbal communication and team-building skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electromagnetic Engineering or similar
Preferred Additional Skills
• Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electromagnetic Engineering or similar
• Prior experience with tools for schematic and PCB design, such as Cadence
• Knowledge of of industry state-of-the-art component developments and trends
- ms project
About the company
Motorola, Inc. was a multinational telecommunications company based in Schaumburg, Illinois, United States (U.S.). After having lost $4.3 billion from 2007 to 2009, the company was divided into two independent public companies, Motorola Mobility and Motorola Solutions on January 4, 2011. Motorola Solutions is generally considered to be the direct successor to Motorola, Inc., as the reorganization was structured with Motorola Mobility being spun off.