- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Huntington Beach
@Boeing, we create the future — of mobility, autonomy, speed, endurance, space access and exploration, undersea vehicles, cybersecurity, communication and much, much more. We connect people, products and ideas around the world. We protect people and nations. We explore the mysteries of the universe from seabed to space to cyberspace. We inspire future generations of innovators, dreamers and doers.
We are Boeing Research & Technology: Boeing's global research and development team creating and implementing innovative technologies that make the impossible possible and enabling the future of aerospace. We are engineers and technicians, skilled scientists and bold innovators; Join us and put your passion, determination, and skill to work building the future! #TheFutureIsBuiltHere #ChangeTheWorld
The Senior RF/Microwave Design Engineer will be responsible for design and test of microwave (MMIC), RF (RFIC) integrated circuits (ICs) and components reporting to BR&T Solid-State Electronics Development organization.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Design, simulation, test, and analysis of analog, microwave and RF integrated circuits, components and systems.
- Projects include design and microelectronics technology development programs both for internal Boeing and external Government customers. Candidate should be able to perform definition, design, layout, simulation, analysis, test and verification using Si, GaAs, SiGe, InP, and CMOS technologies.
- Circuits may cover frequencies from 5 GHz to 200 GHz including low noise amplifiers, mixers, power amplifiers, switches, phase shifters, filters and attenuators, for applications such as radar, communications, phased array antennas, and others.
- Experience with microwave and RF CAD tools such as Agilent ADS, Cadence RF, Microwave Office, Sonnet EM or equivalent is required.
- Must have demonstrated experience in the use of ElectroMagnetic simulation for RF design, including MMICs.
- Basic understanding of communication systems principals is also necessary.
- Experience in mixed-signal integrated circuits including design and verification is a plus. Must have good verbal and written communications skills, and interpersonal skills to work with customers, teammates and suppliers. Leadership potential is desired.
- Experience as a team leader or Principle Investigator in related advanced research is desired.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related work experience, Master+12 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 5+ years of coursework and/or work experience in RF/microwave engineering
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering (MSEE)
- Referral to this job is eligible for bonus
- Bonus amount: US Dollar (USD) $4,000
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Must be willing to work variable shifts, including weekends and overtime. Some positions may also be rotating shifts
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.