- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Eaton Electrical Division North American Sales (NAS) organization located inParma, OHhas an opening for an Outside Sales Engineer.
The primary function of the Sales Engineer is to sell assigned product lines to targeted customers in targeted market areas. This position will be responsible to achieve the assigned sales goal consistent with the expectations of a thoroughly seasoned professional sales engineer for the assigned product categories while under little supervision. It will be an expectation to optimize sales volume, product mix and profit margin, while increasing sales in the marketplace. This position will need to coordinate sales for the assigned customer and distributor base. It has the responsibility to manage all aspects of the customer relationship, providing sales and technical assistance with distributors, customers, end users, and specifiers.
The primary functions include: providing sales and technical assistance with distributors, contractors, end users and Electrical Group personnel; provide timely and accurate information for order entry, while elevating quality issues to attention of management, and ensuring that accurate information flows to market intelligence data on competitive products, customer needs preference and buying habits; support distributor inventories and inventory turns by recommending specific products and levels to be stocked; and provide necessary reports and surveys requested in a timely manner.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you.
- You will accurate and timely plan and specify interpretation, quotation, and technical support
- You will communicate with customers, warehouse, and plants to facilitate problem resolution
- You will collect, analyze, and utilize market intelligence regarding competitive products, customer needs, preferences, and buying habit
- You will review and interpret customer needs on plans and specifications
- You will provide facility timely solutions to customer issues by utilizing available resources or creating procedure for resolution
- You will be aware of and responsive to market conditions and competitive activities while communicating such information to product divisions
- You will plan promotional events and presentations with distributor personnel to promote Eaton’s position, while developing a proven record of achieving assigned sales goals
- You will prepare and present bids and quotations to customers using company price and delivery guidelines while using sound business judgment.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
QualificationsRequired (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum one (1) year of experience within the electrical industry
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Relocation is provided for this role and the qualified candidate must be able to relocate and reside within a 50 mile radius of Parma, OH
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
Position Success Criteria
- Time management, presentation, and planning skills
- Knowledge of Eaton Electrical product and service capabilities
- Possesses an understanding of the sales process using sales techniques as evidenced by good customer relationships
- Knowledge of Bidmanager and Vista
- Demonstrated and understanding of market trends, industry issues and knowledge of competitors
- Effective interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to leverage support personnel to meet customer and organizational needs
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) a