- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- El Segundo
The Boeing Company is seeking a Senior Satellite Digital Communications Systems Engineer (Level 5) to support our Space & Launch programs in El Segundo, CA. As a Satellite Digital Communications Systems Engineer, you will design, develop, and deliver state-of-the-art communication systems for space-based applications for commercial, civil, milsatcomm, and/or national security programs. You will lead a highly-motivated team that works with domestic or international customers on their latest satellite systems.
Project assignments typically span the complete program life cycle, from internal trades, concept studies and system definition, to satellite development, launch, and on-orbit operations and test. Candidates will belong to a systems engineering team interacting with customers, suppliers, program management, integration and test engineers, and senior technologists.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. (Basic relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.)
- Define and develop satellite communications systems and payload architectures.
- Lead trade studies.
- Define and verify space communication system requirements and interfaces.
- Lead system-level CONOPS development, functional analysis and decomposition.
- Lead system-level integration and validation.
- Perform analyses and simulations for space communication systems including: link analysis, signal distortion, system
- capacity, reliability, and performance.
- Develop analysis tools using MATLAB and object-oriented software platforms.
- Develop and verify system algorithms that meet functional and performance requirements.
- Perform hardware procurement engineering support, design reviews, and unit sell-off.
- Lead system test preparation, execution, troubleshooting, and verification.
- Mentor the program junior communication systems engineers and review their work for quality.
Boeingis a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as
outlined in our policies.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires an active/current Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic (Required) Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in an engineering classification is required.
- Experience working with digital communications.
- Experience working on satellite or space based communication systems.
- Experience in engineering leadership.
Preferred (Desired) Qualifications
- Experience with Matlab and C++.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
Typical Education / Experience
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's 14 or more years' experience, Master's with 12 or more years' experience or PhD with 9 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.