- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Location: Charlotte, NC, USA
He/she will work with the team in daily operational work to support the SCM automated processes used by multiple development teams of Business-Critical applications, which includes usage of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools - Jenkins, Subversion, SonarQube, Sonatype Nexus, Docker, Kubernetes, etc. He/she will work with key engineering resources from Infrastructure, Architecture, Engineering, and Development to support existing and new processes garnered to improve the business's time to market. The SCM Systems Engineer must be proficient in Linux environments, must able to write scripts to support existing SDLC DevOps Automation tools, and must have the experience to troubleshoot day-to-day issues with tools used in SDLC DevOps Automation.
Likely interactions are with Software Developers, Release, Software and SCM Systems Engineers,
Required Minimum education and work experience required for this position include:
- A Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in a technical field such as computer science or engineering.
- A strong proficiency in navigating and editing files within UNIX/Linux environments - previous experience as a Linux administrator is strongly preferred.
- Experience managing and maintaining a full CI/CD tool-stack which covers the SDLC from code commit to environment stand-up and finally code deployment.
- Proven ability to automate manual tasks via scripting skills - examples include Python, perl, bash, powershell.
- Proven ability to automate releases via writing Ansible playbooks, Puppet, or Chef - Ansible experience is strongly desired.
- Experience managing, configuring, maintaining an artifact repository such as Sonatype Nexus, JFrog Artifactory, or Apache Archiva. Management of JFrog Artifactory is preferred.
- Experience installing, managing, configuring, maintaining a Sonar/SonarQube server instance for Code Quality Reporting.
- Experience creating and maintaining source code branching and merging techniques within a source code management tool - preferably via Git.
- Experience troubleshooting issues with SDLC automation tools: such as Jenkins, SonarQube, Sonatype Nexus, Maven, Gradle, Nuget, Microsoft Visual Studio, NPM and similar technologies
- Understanding of source code management concepts and disciplines such as source code branching/merging strategies.
- Must have experience using Atlassian Jira.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated ability to meet commitments in a large IT project environment.
- Demonstrated ability to review and maintain SOP (Standard Operational Procedures) documentation.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills to collaborate with consultants, stakeholders/customers (from Developers to Managing Directors), peers, and vendors
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and performance driven. Strong customer service and teamwork skills: motivated to grow and succeed.
- Ability to stay up to date on industry trends related to areas of responsibility. Willingness to quickly adapt and learn.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.
- ms project