- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Location: United States: Aurora: Illinois
Role Value Proposition:
Global Technology & Operations (GTO) includes over 17,000 associates across 42 countries Service our customers in operations and global customer call centers where we deliver global support services, including global real estate, global corporate security, and global innovation. Claim owner and decision-maker. Responsible for administering claims within contractual provisions and internal /external guidelines. Establishes a relationship with claimants in order to understand their perspective on their disability. Using that perspective and other information, identifies claimants’ functional capacity and leverages that capacity within the context of the contract to support and encourage return to work as appropriate.
- Provides a high-level of service to claimants, including delivering on commitments, timely return of phone calls, and clear communication. Proactively communicates with claimants to set expectations, assess medical and non-medical barriers to return to work, and keep them fully aware of the status of the claim, including setting expectations with claimants if other resources (vocational rehabilitation, etc.) will be contacting them.
- Applies all appropriate provisions of the disability contract to ensure that MetLife’s liability is understood and appropriately applied throughout the life of the claim, including setting up and/or administering applicable statutory claims, FMLA or other state or company leaves based on plan provisions and work location. Within the context of liability, encourage and support return to work through a variety of programs and methodologies.
- Proactively communicates with claimants to set expectations and serve as a single point of contact for claimants, assesses medical and non-medical barriers to return to work, and keeps them fully aware of the status of the claim, including setting expectations with claimants if other resources (vocational rehab, etc.) will be contacting them.
- Partners with claimants, specialty resources, and more experienced resources to ensure that each claim has a well-understood plan that is appropriate for the unique situation of each claimant, their functional capacity, and the prognosis for an increase in that capacity.
- Manages overall block of assigned claims, including prioritizing actions, appropriately utilizing resources, and making timely and accurate decisions in line with MetLife Operational Efficiency goals. Executes individual claim action plans, and is accountable for the financial accuracy of the overall file, including but not limited to: accurately coding the claims system with salary and disability benefit, appropriately investigating other income or other possible offsets in accordance with the Customer’s plan or policy, and initiating the recovery of any overpayment in a timely fashion.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- High School Diploma.
- 3+ years of business-related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of claims management experience preferably in Healthcare field
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated critical thinking in activities requiring analysis, investigation, and/or planning.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to multitask, comfortable working with multiple priorities in a changing environment.
- Ability to prioritize and maintain quality
“At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.