- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior Software Architect - API-AIT0002Z
We are looking for a Senior Software Architect - API to help us create a comprehensive catalog of Public/Open APIs, through which Prudential's Life and Annuities businesses can more rapidly engage in digital business opportunities with partners and customers as they arise. Specifically, we are looking for this role to:
- Decompose the Life and Annuities business models into core business capabilities (e.g. create an illustration, submit an application, change a beneficiary etc.)
- Define the fully digital equivalent of each core capability, expressed in the form of a public API
- For each API, identify any gaps in internal automation that will be exposed once the API is made publicly available, and partner with key architecture and delivery team partners to eliminate those gaps where necessary
- Identify the appropriate technology stack that should be used to build each API
- Identify foundational capabilities required to support the deployment and management of a Public API catalog, including but not limited to: API documentation and specifications (e.g. OAS), API security (e.g. JWT), API publishing and policy management (e.g. Apigee) etc
By aligning the boundaries of APIs with core capability 'building blocks', this role will enable both us and our external partners to rapidly re-deploy and/or re-compose services exposed through public APIs in new places and in new and differentiating ways.
- Extensiveexperience in business capability modeling and business process decomposition,within the context of a large, multi-line corporation. Life andAnnuity-specific experience preferred though not required.
- Ableto articulate definitive steps involved in developing a public API catalog'from scratch'
- Twoor more years' experience defining & designing public APIs, using OAUTH /Web API / Open API specifications
- Deepexperience with solution architecture, working specifically with full stacksolutions (.net, MEAN etc.), RESTful services, and large legacy applicationportfolios, in both monolithic and micro-services contexts
- Experiencein designing a developer portal or API Marketplace
- Provenability to articulate the value of foundational technology approaches toexecutives (e.g. the pros & cons of micro-services architectures in a givencontext)
- Solidunderstanding of modern data architectures (e.g. event driven architectures,data democratization, platform approaches to support ML/AI at scale, streamprocessing, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to own and nurture keyrelationships both up and downstream of the Architecture team to ensuredelivery.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function Technology
Primary Location United States-New Jersey-Roseland
About the company
For over 140 years, Prudential Financial (NYSE:PRU) has helped people grow and protect their wealth. We offer individual and institutional clients a wide array of financial products and services. Today, we are one of the world’s largest financial services institutions. We have over $1 trillion of assets under management as of March 31st, 2017, and approximately $3.7 trillion of gross life insurance in force worldwide as of Dec. 31, 2016. We have operations in the United States, Asia, Europe and Latin America. We also have one of the most recognized and trusted brand symbols: The Rock® , an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation. We measure our long-term success on our ability to deliver value for shareholders, meet customer needs, attract and develop the best talent in our industry, offer an inclusive work environment where employees can develop to their full potential, and give back to the communities where we live and work. (Pru.us/disclaimer)