- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
What You'll Do
We're looking for a bright and motivated development engineer to join the Enterprise Routing platform development team. As part of this team you'll have the opportunity to work on a variety of assignments in industry leading Cisco routing security team. You will be core member of team working on various security features on cisco routers.
Who You'll Work With
Enterprise Routing has one of the most successful businesses within Cisco. The Integrated Services Router is an extremely successful platform that has over 85% market share. We’re the Security team in Ent routing is responsible of designing and developing the security features like Firewall, IPS/IDS, URLF and other advances security features on routers.
Who You Are
* Lead developer tasked with delivering Security solutions for SDWAN and Enterprise Routing customers.
* Design and develop software for Router Security solution that aids various deployment modes to on Cisco's routing products.
* Operate in process driven methodology with an eye toward robust and disciplined software development.
* Understand & contribute to requirements, Write functional & design specifications, show-case technical leadership and drive high quality execution across teams.
* Contribute to product roadmap through innovations & cross-team discussions
* Lead development of subsystems. Design & Develop large portions of software independently and rapidly. Good understanding and proficiency in developing networking data path.
Should be familiar with CPU architectures
* Strong ability and desire to learn new tools as required is an absolute must.
* You must be motivated, driven and a team player. You should be willing to learn quickly and be enthusiastic about working on a wide range of product areas. You must work well independently and as part of a team. Strong communication skills are essential.
* Expert in C, C++ and other modern programming languages/technologies
* Experience with other scripting languages such as Perl, TCL/Tk and Python is desirable.
* Prior Experience with data plane development for various Network Processors
* Deep knowledge in Network Security domain and deployments
* In-depth understanding of layer-3, layer-4 technologies and services are strongly preferred.
* Experience with Embedded OS and Linux experience is a must
* Strong self-motivation for solving problems and lead innovating with furious intent to improve the customer experience
* Strong problem solving and software development/troubleshooting skills is a must. Ability to "think in code" and discuss ideas and algorithms is a must.
* Typically requires MSEE/CS combined with 8-10 years of related experience, or BSEE/CS combined with 10-12 yrs related experience
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.