- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
Job Description: Senior Software Engineer
Cisco is a dynamic environment that inspires employees to create opportunities by honing their talents and skills every day. Employees are self-motivated, results driven and engaged. We recognize and reward quality results and commitment to our company’s purposes and principles.
We are looking for a Mid-level/Senior Software Engineer to work on Cisco’s Application Detection Team. Major responsibilities include to help the support of our current application identification ad firewall capabilities of our next generation firewall, and work on the upcoming features of our roadmap. The position has to be for engineers that have experience with Test Driven Development, unit tests and some automation. Hiring for our Fulton, MD location, open to relocation within the US.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of 4-7 years C/C++ software development.
- Development experience with Linux/Unix platforms.
- Working experience and clear understanding of different Network Protocols.
- Team player
- Firewall experience support
- Agile Scrum methodology
- Test Driven Development
- Testing Automation experience
- IDS, IPS technologies and products
- Maintain the day to day operations for application and firewall related issues.
- Add new features and capabilities in the firewall.
- Update/create new manuals and design documents for any of the new features.
- Create the appropriate testing and automation scripts for the new features.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.