- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Los Gatos
Los Gatos, California \r\n \r\n Engineering \r\n Content Engineering \r\n \r\n Senior Software Engineer - Content Acquisition Engineering \r\n Netflix is aspiring to provide a scalable platform for unique content creators from all over the world and enable them to bring their stories to life, ready for consumption by a global audience. Netflix is investing heavily in producing its own content, such as Bird Box and Stranger Things, and using the power of technology and cloud computing to bring scale and efficiency to the content creation process.
About the team
The Content Acquisition Engineering team develops a suite of tools and services that power the Netflix global catalog. We partner with various teams within Netflix to help with deal negotiations and capture the rights we acquire which drives what, where, and when content surfaces on the service. Every day, we solve complex problems around scalability and global content and innovate on the tools, data model, and pipeline that make up our content platform.
- Have a strong engineering background and a passion to design software systems ground up.
- Excel in developing systems that have high availability, throughput and performance.
- You are encouraged to use your passion for technology to find new and efficient ways to solve challenges.
- You are self-driven and highly motivated to deliver top-tier solutions with minimal guidance
- Like to work with users and product and designers to define what they want, what they need, and what we can deliver.
- To strive to adopt best practices and find opportunities for continuous improvements. \r\n You’ll want to work with us if you: \r\n
- You are an experienced Java programmer and have stayed current with the evolution of the Java language and its ecosystem of frameworks and build tools.
- You have experience working on Ruby on Rails.
- You understand the challenges of distributed computing and know how to code for REST APIs, fault tolerance and scalability.
- You have experience with large-scale distributed systems and micro services architecture.
- You have experience with relational or NoSQL database solutions
- You are incremental with your development and take full responsibility for the quality of your code and end-to-end testing. \r\n We would love to work with you if: \r\n
About the company
Netflix is an American provider of on-demand Internet streaming media available to viewers in all of Australia, New Zealand, South America, Japan, North America and parts of Europe (Denmark, France, Germany, The Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Ireland and United Kingdom), and of flat rate DVD-by-mail in the United States, where mailed DVDs and Blu-ray are sent via Permit Reply Mail. The company was established in 1997 and is headquartered in Los Gatos, California. It started its subscription-based service in 1999. By 2009, Netflix was offering a collection of 100,000 titles on DVD and had surpassed 10 million subscribers.