- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale projects
Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
Leads the work of other small groups of four to six engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
Provides support to the business
Troubleshoots business and production issues
• Supporting and monitoring the application expected to run 24/7 in a fast paced environment.
• Participation in oncall rotation, carrying oncall phone.
• Promptly responding to alerts and other issues raised by customers or internal business units.
• Promptly notifying relevant parties and acknowledging alerts.
• Promptly working with vendors, third party service providers (Content delivery networks, payment gateways, content licensing partners etc.) and internal teams to solve production issues.
• Collecting approvals and running software rollouts post-approvals.
• Working on day-to-day tasks like managing user access and supporting internal business units.
• Troubleshooting and fixing infrastructure issues from hardware layer to application layers with no or minimal supervision.
• Working on tailoring monitoring and alerting systems to avoid false positives and update alert related settings.
• Reviewing alerts, emails, updating relevant teams in meetings regarding issues and outages.
• Migrating applications to cloud infrastructure
• Establish CI/CD pipeline and have a thorough understanding of release processes
• Knowledge or at least familiarity with Linux shell, system internals, network, java applications, Informix database and Cloud RDBMS management experience.
• Love for debugging: troubleshooting and debugging monitoring alerts and internet connectivity issues.
• Ability to read and understand server/systems logs and produce meaningful issue analyses.
• Good analytics, troubleshooting skills and intuition about probable root cause.
• Experience with Docker and Kubernetes orchestration
• A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Linux system administration
• Experience in Version control administration (Git, SVN)
• JBOSS, Tomcat, Apache administration experience is a must
• Big data (Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Cassandra) experience is a plus
• Configuration management tools experience(Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc)
• Must have experience with Jenkins, Tomcat administration, IBM MQ administration,
• Familiarity with Splunk, Python, Apache, rsync and monitoring/alerting tools like Nagios, PagerDuty, OpsGenie, APM tools like Dynatrace/App Dynamics will be a plus.
• Mentor other DevOps Engineers and foster an environment of growth and learning
Experience in Java, Python is a big plus
Experience in Microsoft Azure / GCP \\
About the company
Wal-Mart Stores, Doing business as Walmart, is an American multinational retailing corporation that operates as a chain of hypermarkets, discount department stores, and grocery stores. Headquartered in Bentonville, Arkansas, the company was founded by Sam Walton in 1962 and incorporated on October 31, 1969. As of January 31, 2017, Walmart has 11,695 stores and clubs in 28 countries, under a total of 63 banners. The company operates under the name Walmart in the United States and Canada. It operates as Walmart de México y Centroamérica in Mexico and Central America, as Asda in the United Kingdom, as the Seiyu Group in Japan, and as Best Price in India. It has wholly owned operations in Argentina, Chile, Brazil, and Canada. It also owns and operates the Sam's Club retail warehouses.